17

‒SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim highschool

‒SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim highschool

"Okay, first of all, kick Soobin out of the picture." Chaewon put her hands on her waist. "How could you think of Soobin like that when you're dating someone, Myeonji!"

The two stressed teenage girls were inside the gym once again. Myeonji had just told Chaewon what had happened and you could say she was mad at Myeonji.

"Trust me, I know. I have no idea what's wrong with me." Myeonji sighed sinking into the ground. She rested her head on the wall they were leaning up against. "It's just, Soobin seems like he cares‒and I know Beomgyu does too. He's just terrible at showing it."

There was a sudden silence between the two. They were truly thinking.

Chaewon sighed sitting herself down beside her best friend. "You know, I've felt the way you feel right now before," Chaewon admitted. "For me, it was with Jung Wooyoung, one of Yeonjun's close friends at the time. I was very vulnerable when I first started dating Yeonjun because he's technically the school's golden boy. All the girls wanted what we had and it made them jealous that I was dating him. It made me feel insecure and scared. Yeonjun was also as oblivious as Beomgyu and had no idea what was going on."

Myeonji nodded. She was happy that someone close to her understood her situation. "So? What happened with Wooyoung?"

Chaewon sat up and looked Myeonji straight in the eyes. "I lead him on."

Myeonji straightened her posture due to the hysteria. "What?"

"I started hanging out with him twenty-four-seven. I felt happy with him. Yeonjun, of course, had no idea." Chaewon let out an exhalation. "I just wanna be the one to let you know that if you do this to Beomgyu, Soobin and yourself, you'll be in a severe situation."

As if it hit her like a truck, Myeonji knew immediately to stop thinking about Soobin in that way because it would literally demolish Myeonji's pride if she led him on. Soobin was a kind, gentle and innocent being while Beomgyu was kind of the opposite. Beomgyu was just starting to show his emotions and he was cold and distant.