41

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhanlim high school

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hanlim high school

All-day Myeonji heard whispers.

It was Tuesday and she couldn't have felt worse. Last night after Beomgyu left, she cried all night. Myeonji bet her eyes were all red and puffy, but when she looked in the mirror, she was glad she looked half-decent. She felt so bad that she even had to cancel her plans to hang out with Ryujin later that evening.

Myeonji wanted to cry every time she saw her friend group whom she has started avoiding. Hueningkai didn't look like his bright cheery self from the human eye. Taehyun, Yeonjun and Soobin never smiled. Chaewon's eyes were red as well and she would sneak pitiful glances towards her best friend.

And then there was Beomgyu.

He looked the worst. Beomgyu had his hair unkempt which, fortunately, looked somewhat okay. His face was broken, sad and lonely. Since Myeonji was in the same class as him (as well as Hueningkai), she could see how quiet he was. Beomgyu never spoke a word to the teachers nor to the students pestering him, asking him what had happened.

The students in Myeonji's class were just terrible, asking away like it was their business.

"What happened to you and Beomgyu?" One student asked while she approached Myeonji with two more of her friends. The student straddled the chair in front of Myeonji's desk and placed her hands on her chin.

This caught Beomgyu's attention from afar. He sat up immediately when he noticed Myeonji about to break down. His heart shattered at the sight. Even though the two weren't speaking, to say that Beomgyu was completely ignoring her would be a lie. He noticed how she would skip lunches in the cafeteria, he noticed how she would wipe her tears in class every few minutes, and he noticed how Myeonji's personality shifted into something entirely different than her goofy, loveable self.

And what hurt Beomgyu the most, is that he knew it was his fault.

"Wait, are you guys broken up?" He snapped out of his thoughts when the girl began questioning an upset Myeonji some more.

Beomgyu balled his fists. "Hey!"

Everyone in the room‒and I mean everyone‒stopped what they were doing and silence filled the room. Beomgyu was taken aback by all the attention, but he had to say something. After all, he and Myeonji were still dating, right?

"Shove off, will you?" He spat angrily. "It's not your business so I advise you to stop gossiping every two seconds." Beomgyu suddenly stood up making the three girls and Myeonji flinch. "If I see any of you bothering her again, I won't be too nice."

Myeonji watched as Beomgyu then stormed out of the class. It shocked her so much that he stood up for her. So without much thought, she stood up and ran after Beomgyu.

She saw him walking down the hallway to who knows where. "Beomgyu!" Myeonji called out.

Beomgyu stopped walking and instantly spun his head. He fought back the urge to run back to her and engulf her in a hug. "Yes?" He answered back, not moving from his spot.

Myeonji had to muster up all the courage in her system to start walking towards him. "Why are you‒we doing this?" She motioned her pointer finger in between them. "You love me, you say. But this is breaking my heart."

A defence mechanism Beomgyu always used was to put the blame on someone else during a fight. He was a very prideful person and didn't like to be proved wrong. But, in this case, the two were in the wrong and Beomgyu knew that.

Myeonji hadn't been so honest with him. Yesterday, Seonghwa paid him a visit in an alleyway next to the school. Seonghwa told Beomgyu that Myeonji and him had history together, and at first, this didn't bother Beomgyu one bit. But getting beat up for dating her, made Beomgyu furious. To be fair, getting beat up for a foolish reason can make you pretty enraged.

But how Myeonji saw it, was that Beomgyu was only thinking of himself. Throughout the months of constant bullying from Ryujin, Myeonji managed to stay composed and strong for not only herself but their relationship. She already knew that Beomgyu found out about Seonghwa‒it was pretty obvious and with the help of the gossiping students, she managed to figure it out.

"Who told you that taking a break will fix things? This is absurd and we aren't getting anywhere if we just avoid the problem." Myeonji tried to reason with him. 

As she tried to step closer to him, Myeonji noticed a tear slide down his cheek. He didn't say anything and instead spun around‒abruptly cutting Myeonji off before she could speak‒and walked off.

Myeonji watched as Beomgyu walked away. Him ignoring her, him showing no effort to fix things and displaying no affection towards her at all. Myeonji sighed heavily once he was out of sight.

The two were back to fighting and acting as they had first met.

AUTHORS NOTE; just a little filler. this chapters a little
shorter than the others so I might do my best to
update again this week :D

also, how is everyone? I know I disappeared for 
a while but I'm still here, and I love reading your 
guys' reactions/comments. it makes my day lol.

stay safe always and don't forget to stay happy!