Chapter 1

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.
(This chapter has been revised; further future revisions will be made in due time)

Takemichi's POV

July 6th 2005

'God damn it this hurts so bad! I don't know what I was thinking. Was this actually worth anything?'

Blood dripped out of my nose at a slow but steady pace. My whole body hurt and I felt awfully nauseated.

'I can't believe my life has turned out like this.'

I thought over in my head while getting beat over and over again. Kiyomasa had no intentions of stopping his beating it seemed. It was just my luck that I was an idiot who had the will power to keep going no matter how bad it got. Before I could catch a break, the large man called for someone to get his bat.

'Shit! This is it.'

Tears bubbled up in my already wet eyes.

'I'm so dumb.'

Even when I am thrown back into the past to change things I just can't seem to. Was this some divine punishment to put me in my place and let me relive my regret?

"Oi!" 

A deep voice interrupted, scaring the daylight out of me even further. 

"You're scaring everyone here."

"Dude... it's the Vice Commander of the Tokyo Manji Gang, Draken." Yamagishi spoke up. He must be important if Yamagishi knew of him.

'Vice Commander? Who's the guy behind him then? He looks so carefree in this situation.'

"Hey Ken-chin!" Said man blurted out causing the taller man's eyebrow to twitch.

"I told you not to call me that in public!" He shouted back at the other, irritation present on his face.

The short blonde man behind him just smiled and showed his empty hand like a child. 

"I'm out of dorayaki." His voice seemed so childish and out of place here. Why would a guy like that be hanging around with the vice commander of a gang?

'Seriously, what was he doing here?'

"Good day commander, sir!" A voice announced causing me to stiffen.

Confusion struck me further as he stepped towards the guy I now knew as Draken. Everyone began to bow now, well, all excluding me.

'No way' 

I shook my head trying to comprehend what was happening.

'No way he is the leader of the Tokyo Manji Gang!? Sano Manjiro?' 

Already this is happening? Was luck finally making its way to me in my time of need?

The pair completely ignored one man who was trying to catch Sano's attention. It was a bit refreshing to see someone who acted all high and mighty be ignored by his superiors. Sano made his way up to Kiyomasa with an innocent smile as the man bowed in front of him. 

"Good day commander!" His greeting fell on deaf ears when Draken kicked him harshly in the gut.

"You should be that low when bowing to our commander, got that?" His harsh words making even Kiyomasa cower. Though I swear I could feel a more hateful aura coming from Kiyomasa rather than a fearful one.