Chapter 3

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

2017

'This is great! I can't believe I get to see Akkun again and it's all thanks to Naoto and his skills in the police force!' My excitment rose, I had one postive thing in this oh so negative future. I may not have had the chance to save Hina yet but we were able to find out more about my time leaping powers. Now that we are meeting with Akkun we will be able to meet Mikey too and find out what happened to Toman and why it became so evil.'

My mind wandered back to the last conversation I had with Akkun on that one night.

"Akkun, when we graduate and go our different ways in life and just stop seeing each other...I wonder what we'd even talk about as adults."

"Idiot, we're friends forever, that'll never change."

That thought alone was enough to comfort me. 'He will not have changed, he may be a big buisness guy now but, he is the same old Akkun!'

"This is it..." Naoto spoke, we stood in front of a large light up building. A hostess bar to be precise, and Akkun was the owner of it. Once we entered we were met with an array of beautiful women, the gentleman asking who we were going to choose for the night.

"Actually we are here for a meeting with Sendo-san..." The man looked at me unamuzed as he used his walky talky to alert his superior that someone was here for a meeting with his boss.

"Hanagaki-san! Why didn't you say you were Sendo-san's best friend? Right this way." He said in a fake and awkward apoligetic way once he got an answer back. We were led up the staircase, further into the bar. We were sat down and offered drinks which we both accepted.

But I couldn't drink, I was shaking way too much.

" Takemichi, you're shaking like crazy." Naoto spoke out the obvious.

" I'm fine! H-he may look different physically but he is the same old Akkun I've always known!" My panic was seeping out of me and I couldn't hide it, but in that moment I was called from behind.

" Takemichi....you haven't changed at all have you..." Akkun spoke, I turned around slowly. I couldn't take my eyes off him, he looked so different now.

"What? Don't recognize me without my pompadour?" He chuckled and I nodded in response. "Now you're here to see Mikey right?" He spoke up again and I nodded more eagerly. "I've been waiting all this time for you to show up..."

Akkun stood up and motioned me over. "Let's have a talk, just the two of us." Looking over at Naoto for approval which he did recieve. I followed him outside onto the roof. The night sky was partly cloudy but it didn't block out the shining moon that lit up the dark sky. I don't know why it was so mesmerizing to me tonight. I was caught off guard by being put into a friendly choke hold.

"Aw man it's been so long! How've you been?" His soft smile bringing me back to the old days instantly.

"It's been ten years...I guess it's been since middle school...but look at you now!" I lifted my hands up in emphasis for what was around me. "You own a hostess bar, you're in Toman's upper echelon. You own so many expensive things, it's like you're on top of the world!"