Chapter 17

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

2005

'I can't believe what I was dragged into.' My mind raced. 'There is no actual way I'll be getting Baji back now! He's too far gone and Mikey is going to kill me for it.' I wept in my bed, frustrated tears making their way out. Flashbacks to the incident flashed through my mind. 'How could someone beat up their most trusted anyways? Not that I knew Baji at all but he seems like such a violent guy in general from everything I've seen and heard. How am I going to get him back in just a week?'

I woke up exhausted the next morning, 'Even at 26 I still can't get sleep after all that...' I made my way sluggishly to school, my mind too caught up in my new goal at hand that I didn't notice someone calling out to me automatically.

"Oi! Fake blonde, come here would ya?" A boy shouted at me, sitting on the swings, He pointed to the empty swing that hung next to him. I walked over cautiously, he was beat to hell and back, covered head to toe in bandages.

'Who on earth is this guy? He's obviously lost it...' I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't see anything..." I said aloud and started to walk away but the boy continued to speak to me.

"Yesterday was pretty intense for the both of us wasn't it?" He chuckled. This had me turn back around.

"Huh?"

"Baji's really awesome isn't he?" His smile was so wide and proud.

"Are you...one of Baji's friends?" I questioned, I didn't really recognize the guy but it was obvious he knew something.

"I'm Matsuno Chifuyu, Toman's first division vice captain." Those words brought it all back.

   'That's right, he's the victim from yesterday!'

I stumbled over to him in a rush, pointing a finger accusingly at him. "You're the guy Baji beat the shit out of!" He reached his hand out to push me back, guess I was pretty close.

"Ain't that the same for you?" He laughed. "You should be thanking him."

I looked at him confused. "What? Why would I do that?"

"You fucked up the ceremony for the new third division captain, idiot." Chifuyu said matter a factly. "Feel lucky because if he hadn't done something, you would've gotten much worse." He rolled his eyes.

By now I had taken a seat next to him, looking towards him as he spoke to me. "He beat me up to get into Valhalla..." Chifuyu said sounding slightly disappointed. "But let me tell you this, it wasn't to destroy Toman." He spoke as if it was a fact. He stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Baji has a different goal in mind, and it's Kisaki." Chifuyu didn't face me as he spoke. I stood up in surprise, this was valuable information after all.

"What do you mean?" I urged.

Chifuyu turned back around, eyes never breaking contact with mine. "He joined Valhalla in order to expose Kisaki, I'm certain of that."

"He told you that?" I asked but he shook his head.

"No, but I know that man better than anyone." He turned back around and motioned in a direction with his head. "Common, we're meeting up with Mikey, Draken, and (Y/n)."

As we walked to an unknown location, the partly cloudy skies turned to raining ones. When we met up with the three it was at a grave site. One of my first thoughts was how beat up (Y/n) appeared. Yet, just like Chifuyu , he dealt with it like a champ. All of us opened our umbrellas as we walked through the maze of family graves until we landed on one in particular, the Sano Family Grave.