Chapter 18

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

October 29, 2017

   After everything we learned from Osanai I felt the only way to get any confirmation was to confront Draken back in the future to see if things lined up. From what I've gathered, Kisaki is even more dangerous than I expected. He is cunning, deceiving, and manipulative... The walking definition of a threat.

   It was less than ideal to meet my old friend back in the detention center but I needed these answers. Naoto and I walked side by side through the building, an awkward smile played on my features.

   "Thank you for going out of your way to help me contact him again..." I truly was grateful to have an ally who can further my pursuits.

   "It's no problem, at this point I'm used to it." He said with a straight expression. Geez, he was so serious all the time.

   We made our way back into the visiting room, Draken being brought in on the other side. Once again he was dressed well and handcuffed. It was truly sad to see him in such a state, the idea that he was put on death row for murder still boggled my mind.

   "Back? Again? What happened to my telling you to leave Tokyo?" Draken's expression was monotone, unreadable as usual.

   I skipped the pleasantries this time, I needed answers now. " Valhalla, ring any bells?" Draken simply nodded; I would assume he'd remember. "Their leader was unknown right? Well...I think I know who it is." I lead on. "Is it Kisaki Tetta?" My confidence that I had gotten the right answer gave me comfort but that was thrown out the window.

   "No, you know that." Draken shook his head. "Valhalla's leader is Mikey." My surprised expression furthered him to keep talking. "The gang was made for  Mikey, Valhalla became the parent organization for the new Tokyo Manji Gang."

   "Huh? Are you serious?" I was shocked to hear this.

   "Yes, Toman lost to Valhalla, that was the first time we lost." Draken's eyes drifted to the counter. "I should've seen it. Mikey had such a burden to carry on his own, not that he'd let anyone help with it." He tsked. "Mikey killed him, Kazutora was dead and nobody could stop it."

   "What about-" Draken wouldn't let me speak.

   "But he got away with it because Kisaki made it happen."

   I stood up, leaning closer to the divider to assert myself. "I have to ask..." I gulped but I knew the answer, so I had to figure out what went wrong. "I shouldn't place all this responsibility on someone but what happened to (Y/n), why couldn't he stop it? Both you and him keep Mikey sane...you said you didn't see it coming but what about him?"

   Draken's face seemed to darken. I was prepared to be told he was dead by then but I was surprised by his answer.

   "(Y/n)...he tried everything he could to stop Mikey. He told me before anything happened that day that he had a bad feeling. Something was going to go horribly wrong. "He closed his eyes in thought, I'm sure reliving the memory. "The fear in his eyes when it happened. I had only see him cry one time other than that." His eyes opened back up. "(Y/n) wasn't particularly strong, especially compared to Mikey. No matter how much he pulled on him, Mikey would not stop, his please went on deaf ears."