Chapter 19

TRIGGER WARNING: ❗️Suicide/Graphic depictions of death❗️
VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

(Y/n)'s POV

(Alternate timeline)
2009

'Where did we go wrong?' I asked myself, watching the poor guy in front of me get pummeled by two of the newbies.

"Okay, I think that's enough..." Mikey announced, holding his arm up in the air, signaling the two to cease what they were doing. The blonde walked over to the sobbing man on the ground. Blood seemed to seep out of every orifice. It was disgusting to see him in such a state.

"Hey." Mikey knelt down to the man, grabbing the top of his head by his hair to force him to look up at him. "You really thought gambling our money away was the right thing to do?" 

Mikey's expression held a dull but strong intensity. It was hard to explain; he put up such a tough front, but inside I knew he didn't feel that way.

"I-I'm sorry!" The man wept; he closed his eyes instead of making eye contact with Mikey. That resulted in a hard punch to his face.

"Look at your commander when he is speaking to you." Mikey hissed. 

I looked away at this point, I knew Mikey wouldn't kill the guy, but he would get close if he so desired. Even so, I still never allowed myself to cry in front of anyone; especially Mikey, especially now. Who knows how that would turn out? I felt a large hand on my back, and I turn. Draken stood by me, his expression unreadable. The only time I saw him show any emotion anymore was when he was fighting or the few times I was able to talk to him alone.

I knew what he was trying to tell me. He was telling me to suck it up in a nice way. We never truly talked about it, but we both knew that the other was unhappy with how things had gone.

"Get rid of him, he can come crawling back when he gets the money back, that or..." Mikey turned over his shoulder as he walked back towards us. "I could just kill him, but that would be merciful." 

The two new guys quickly took care of the guy they had beaten.

Mikey walked back to Draken and I, blood covering his fist and his face. I pulled the sleeve of my shirt down to my hand as I wiped some of the blood on his face away. 

"Hey, let's get you cleaned up, why don't we?" I let out a small smile, grabbing his arm lightly.

"Okay..." Mikey responded solemnly. 

My smile faded just as easily as it had appeared. I led the two to the closest bathroom on the floor. The lights flickered as I switched the light switch on. I guided Mikey to sit on the closed toilet seat. Draken stood by the door with his arms crossed and just watched.

I turned to the sink to wet a paper towel, squeezing out the extra water before getting to work. I began to gently dab the bloodied spots on his cheek.

'I really started acting like a mom even more to him didn't I?' I chuckled inwardly. 'When did this start? Well, I guess I've always been looking out for him, that hasn't changed. But I think it was that one day, Bloody Halloween when everything changed for the worse.'

I swallowed the saliva that had gathered in my mouth, remembering back to that painful day.

////—////