Chapter 34

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

November 24th

We gathered at the local dinner, Danny's, for the last-minute meeting Chifuyu and I had called together. It was lucky we were able to get most of the captains, even Draken and (Y/n) were able to join in such short notice. Only after everyone had finished their food and drinks did we finally get to the main topic at hand. 

   "So, what you're telling me is you want to take on the Black Dragons?" Draken clarified for the whole group.

   "Yes! That's exactly it!" I assured.

   "You fuckin' serious right now? Do you not understand every time I tell you I'll kill you or somethin'!?" Smiley hissed across the table. 

   "Shut up, if you actually did what you say, half the population would be gone already." Yasuhiro rolled his eyes at the red head. 

   "Don't think I won't Takemichy! I'll splatter you on a wall!" Smiley laughed out. "And we won't destroy the Black Dragons just to stop Hakkai from killing Taiju, ain't that right Draken? (Y/n)?" He looked over at the two who sat side by side in the booth.

    "I agree, I reject this idea all together." Draken stated without letting (Y/n) put in his two cents. 

   (Y/n) sat quietly, not answering but looked to be in deep thought. Completely disregarding his lack of contribution to the decision.

   "Listen, Takemichy, I know you have your reasoning as to why you'd want to go through with this. But after Mitsuya put in the effort to make peace with the Black Dragons, you really want to ruin that?" Draken leaned back as he spoke, keeping eye contact with me as he did. "Such an action could completely ruin his reputation."

   "But!" I looked over to (Y/n) in a last-ditch effort. "(Y/n), common! Don't you think leaving this alone can only end in disaster!?" 

   "He's a reasonable guy, he knows that facing the Black Dragons in battle is a bad idea for everyone involved." Draken didn't bother letting (Y/n) speak up for himself, though it didn't look like he was going to anyways.

   "We've come to the decision and now this meeting is over." Draken declared, signally for everyone to wrap up and head out.

   We waited for everyone to pay their tabs and make their way out of the diner, slowly but surely until the only ones left were Chifuyu, (Y/n), and myself. There was silence between us as (Y/n) sipped the remains of his drink, looking down at the table as he did so. I could tell Chifuyu wanted to say something but looked uncertain.

   "Draken is right Takemichy, it would ruin Mistuya's reputation. I don't think there really is a good way to do this." Chifuyu finally declared. 

   The idea he agreed made me ball my hands up in frustration. I lowered my fists softly onto the table as I glared down.

   "I-" I held my tongue, not wanting to say too much while (Y/n) was here. I had gone against and done the last two things that Hakkai requested of me. I told people of his plan, and explicitly told (Y/n). While I felt it was the right thing to do, I couldn't help the guilt that bubbled up in me. Even more so, (Y/n)'s silence was eerie, he hadn't said a word this whole time and now he was just sitting here. His presence lingered far longer than it should've at this point.

   "(Y/n)-" I spoke up, ready to address the elephant in the room before he spoke himself.

   "He won't do it." (Y/n) said, his silence broke with such a sure conclusion.