Chapter 27

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

November 27th 2005

   I couldn't help the smile that plastered its way onto my face as we walked up the stairs. Myself and many other members of Toman were meeting here tonight for a very special reason. 

   "Oi, Takemichy! Hurry it up would ya?" Peh shouted down to me, he and Mistuya walked ahead. 

   "I can't help but be a little embarrassed." I admitted, but the stupid grin would not wipe itself off my face.

   "Well, even so, I worked hard on your uniform. So, I'd at least like to show you off." Mitsuya teased. 

   He did do an amazing job on this uniform after all. I was so excited when I got to go in earlier to see him working on it too. The large amount of Toman members stood around at the top of the shrine. Being able to see all the captains and vice captains was surely a sight. To think I could stand with men like this.

   I was eventually able to spot one of the men I was intending to look for. Darken stood closer to the front of the area, his eyes lingering back at me when he heard my footsteps.

   "Well, well." He smirked, turning to face me. 

   "Hanagaki Takemichi, wow, the look does not suit you." He joked, light hearted in nature.

   "Yeah....Mitsuya did a great job. But I know the uniform is outshining me." I rubbed the back of my head; I couldn't help but be a little embarrassed about everything.

   "Now." Draken began, looking at me with a more serious expression. "I officially welcome you to Toman."

   "Thank you!" I bowed slightly, joy coursing through my being. I was actually getting somewhere now it seemed.

    Draken turned back around, and in his loud booming voice he announced the start of the meeting.

   Without turning back around, Draken spoke lowly to me. 

   "This is going to be important for everyone, but especially you." He warned. It felt ominous but I couldn't be sure why.

   By the time I looked back up there were four figures standing tall above the rest of us. The whispers turning into genuine concern from the others around me.

   Mikey stood front and center, capturing everyone's attention first. Next followed (Y/n) slightly behind him but at his side. Then to my ultimate surprise, Hanma stood up, an unconcerned expression on him. Chifuyu was the last one to stand up.

   "This probably won't go smoothly. Were finally settling things from that day. From Bloody Halloween." Draken frowned, he looked stressed in a sense.

   It was clear as day that nobody around me was happy about the head of Valhalla being at a Toman meeting. Who would be? It felt like a threat even if we didn't know the situation.

   At least for me, I couldn't picture why Hanma was here, or why Chifuyu was up with Mikey. Not a trio I would normally picture, I guess. I could only assume (Y/n) was up with them and not down here with Draken in case something was to arise.

   After what felt like forever, Mikey finally began to speak, breaking the whispering and silence.

   "October 31st, the day of Bloody Halloween. That day Toman faced Valhalla, 150 to 300. With the situation we were in, it didn't look like victory was in our favor. But despite that, we managed to pull through. Your hard work and dedication took us to victory. Now, Hanma, the vice commander of Valhalla, would like to speak." Mikey announced, letting the attention fall on Hanma as he stepped forward, before the other three.