Chapter 14

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

TRIGGER WARNING:
❗️Implied Suicide Attempt❗️
VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Takemichi's POV

October 20th 2005

   I waited at the shrine for hours. I didn't expect (Y/n) to take so long to come out. I suppose he really wanted to make sure everyone was gone. I'm sure he knew I was here with Mikey after the meeting. I don't think many people came here very often aside from meetings held by Toman. I sat on the top stairs of the shrine in wait.

   The sky was clear and the moon shined beautifully. It was such a peaceful night despite what happened and what was to happen. I thought back to what Draken said.

   'I saw the signs and I did nothing. I kept quiet like he asked and look where it got us!?'

   'What was going on in (Y/n)'s life that caused him to take such a permanent action? (Y/n) was a put together kind of guy, he didn't cry in front of others, he smiled all the time, he mediated everyone....Without knowing his reasons, how am I supposed to convince him otherwise?'

   My thoughts were interupted by the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs of the shrine. My attention directed towards the sound, I looked there with a stern expression.

   Up came a (hair color) boy. His eyes were set on the ground below him, in his right hand he held a smooth rope. It was obvious he didn't notice my presence as he walked up, that was until he saw a pair of shoes and his attention shot up to me. Both of us instantly making eye contact with his new discovery.

   (Y/n)'s eyes went wide, I could see fear in them. It was clear he wasn't sure how to react, I could bet his mind was coming up with excuses as he looked at me. I wasn't quite sure how to approach the situation either in all honesty, how do you start a conversation when you are trying to avoid the subject at hand?

   "(Y/n)! What are you doing back here so late?" I said in my cheeriest voice as if I didn't know what was happening.

   (Y/n) didn't move, he just stared at me for a long moment before moving the rope behind his back. I could tell he wasn't sure why I was here and that his plans were thrown into the drain at the moment.

   "I-uh." He tried to speak but no excuse was willing to form in his head. "I was just..."

   "Well since you're here why don't you take a seat with me for a little and we can chat!" I offered hoping he'd take my bait. He did as I asked and sat next to me, trying to hide the rope behind him but I clearly noticed it. His eyes went back to the ground as he slouched over, a dead look in his eyes.

   "The meeting today was pretty intense wasn't it?" I said making small talk. "Kisaki got promoted to third devision captain, I met Baji, and now I'm part of Toman!" I was hoping the last part would peak his interest but it didn't even make him blink. "But ya know, I guess it was time anyways since I'm always hanging around you guys. So hopefully you'll accept me-"

   "What are you still doing here?" (Y/n) cut off.

   "Huh? Well I was just-" I was cut off again.

   "There is no reason for you to be here at this hour. Hours after the meeting ended. It's one in the morning Takemichy."

   I gulped, now I was being interrogated. "I was just waiting..." I couldn't come up with an excuse now either.  I paused for a long moment. "(Y/n), why are you here then?" I guess it wasn't the right question to ask. (Y/n) wouldn't look at me or answer for a long time, we sat in silence, nothing happening between us which was driving me nuts.