Chapter 11

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

2005

They hulled Draken into the back of the ambulance on a stretcher. Relief washed over all of us knowing he was in the proper hands now. Usually there would only be one person allowed to ride with the patient but considering both (Y/n) and I had serious stab wounds we were both able to ride along.

I sat next to the paramedics and prayed, so far he had stable vitals. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed his bloodied hand reaching out towards me, I took it instantly. "Thank you Takemichy...You really saved me."

"Aw don't get like that." I smiled, worry bubbling back up with his words. I noticed his attention shift to (Y/n) on the other side of the stretcher. He reached out his hand to him as well, (Y/n) taking it in a heart beat.

"(Y/n), thank you....you saved me too....I told you you were strong." Draken sent (Y/n) a smile. (Y/n)'s expression looked blank, almost dead. "Take care of Mikey...."

With those words his heart monitor vitals went flat. Both of us were pushed out of the way. The paramedics immediatly went to preform CPR.

"He went into cardiac arrest. Start compressions now!" We could only watch as they desperately tried to restart Draken's breathing. They failed the first few compressions but by the time we got to the hospital they were able to get him to have shallow breaths. They rushed him out of the ambulance and  into emergency surgery. (Y/n) and I followed them up until they got into the room.

We were both rushed to the emergency room to get our wounds assessed as well. After some painful cleaning, many stitches, and prescriptions, both     (Y/n) and I were sent off. We made our way back to the waiting room, just standing there until the others arrived.

"Takemichi!" I looked behind me to see everyone that was with us just an hour ago. Emma wept into Hina's shoulder while everyone else stood in silence as I explained the situation we were currently in.

"Carrdiac arrest?"

"No way..."

Emma's voice rang over the others for a moment. "I'm so scared." Hina could only hold her close and rub her back in an attempt to comfort her.

   "Why are you so worthless when you're needed?" Emma directed towards (Y/n) who paid her no mind. "Your not even crying for your friend? Are you heartless?"

   "Emma! It's not the time to argue!" Hina said in frustration.

As if on cue Mitsuya and Peh came running in, calling (Y/n)'s name.

"How's he!?" Mitsuya asked in a panic.

(Y/n) just stood there, his eyes glued to the floor, ignoring them. I took the two to a more private part of the hospital floor since (Y/n) couldn't seem to speak. I explained the situation again, I could visibly see the frustraion from Mitsuya and I think I saw regret in Peh's eyes. During our discussion our attention was caught by footsteps from around the corner.

"Mikey..." I was relived but so worried to see him finally. Aside from the expected scrapes and scratches he didn't have any visibal major wounds.

"Mikey.." Mitsuya said.

"Mikey-I-" Peh started before Mikey put his arm up and walked inbetween us.

"Shut up, you're supposed to be quiet in a hospital." He paused, still staring straight ahead. "Where is the waiting room?"