Chapter 23

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

October 31st, 2005

"It really does seem like your only goal in life is to destroy what is precious to me. So-" Mikey stood tall above Kazutora who laid on the ground beneath him. Kazutora struggled for a moment to sit back up on his elbows to look Mikey directly in the eyes.

"I won't hesitate in finishing you right now." With those words Kazutora was hit hard in the side of his head by Mikey's kick. The kick was strong enough to send the man flying further away, dust flying through the air as he slid on the dirt ground.

Mikey only walked closer to Kazutora, he wasn't quick but definitely determined. It was incredible that Kazutora was able to even try to stand up from that blow. It was all in vain though, once they were side by side again Mikey threw Kazutora even further away with another kick to the face.

That time though, Kazutora did not get back up, he laid sprawled out on the ground. The continuous impacts to his head were now taking their toll. Mikey just made his way over, nobody dared to intervene at this point. He sat himself on Kazutora, straddling him as he placed a hand on his neck to steady the man. Mikey then lifted his arm and landed a punch directly in Kazutora's face. Not once, but over and over again, there was no hint of emotion in Mikey's eyes as he brutally beat the man he once called his friend.

"Mikey! Stop this!" The familiar voice rang behind me.

I took the moment to look behind me at the bloodied (Y/n) who fought to get out of Draken's grip. The more he struggled the more Draken looked frustrated with him, it was obvious there was a great strength difference.

"Let me go god damnit!" (Y/n) snapped at Draken, even with the added fatigue from being hit in the head (Y/n) seemed determined. Maybe it was his sense of justice, morals, I wasn't sure. Not only had Kazutora apparently killed Mikey's brother but he also killed Baji and tried to kill Mikey. Not even adding in the fact that he obviously had no regard for (Y/n) either. Why was he so determined to save Kazutora's life from Mikey?

"Don't get yourself further involved! You can't do anything at this point!" Draken looked towards Mikey. "He already made up his mind...." Even with Draken's reasoning, whether it was poor or accurate (Y/n) did not listen.

"He can't do this! No matter what this isn't Mikey!" (Y/n) in his panicked state seemed to resort to his last-ditch effort. He stopped his struggling for a mere moment, Draken had wrapped his arms around (Y/n) in an effort to get him to stand still. In the moment when Draken finally thought (Y/n) had given up, (Y/n) reached for Draken's arm and bit him, hard enough that Draken loosened his grip enough for (Y/n) to get out.

(Y/n) ran right past me to Mikey. The only one who made an effort to stop Mikey was (Y/n), it was always (Y/n).

I could hear the concerns from the other Toman members as we all watched the scene play out. I couldn't stop the memories of what Draken had told me in the future, everything was turning out exactly how it had then. Tears weld up in my eyes without warning, was I already too late despite my efforts?

"Mikey, stop it!" (Y/n) was now on Mikey, his arms grabbing onto the boy with all his strength. I could see (Y/n) using every ounce of strength to try and pull Mikey off of Kazutora. Kazutora wasn't moving, instead he just took it, I doubt he was even conscious at this point.

I couldn't help my crying at this point, I hadn't changed anything. My negative thoughts were overwhelming and I couldn't even move.

"Mikey stop! He's still alive you have to fucking stop I swear to god!" (Y/n)'s please fell on deaf ears. But the most unexpected voice rang through the crowd from above.