Chapter 12

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

2017

   I awoke at my job. Confusion hit me like a bus, I thought I had lost my job. My first instinct was to call Naoto but to my dismay his number wasn't even in my phone anymore. 'Was this all a dream?' I asked myself, bending down to pick up a stack of DVDs and noticed a large scar on my hand.

   'It wasn't a dream!' My phone suddenly went off with a notification. 'A salon appointment?' Regardless of the oddness of the situation I still decided to go to the appointment. Following the directions to the unfamiliar salon. Walking up I looked into then tinted windows to see a man sweeping the floor. He looked over at me and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. 'Akkun was alive.'

   "Akkun....Akkun!" I put my hands on the glass, staring at him as I wept.

   "What are you doing...?" Akkun said. He let me in and conintued to finish sweeping.

   "Did you really become a hairstylist?" I asked right away.

  "Huh? I told you I'm just an assistant right now. I called you here because they'll let me start cutting hair next month!" He said wiping the mirror down and making it shine. "I want you to be my first customer like we promised!"

   Those words brought back that memory, making tears well back up. "You didn't forget did you?" He asked.

   I messily wiped my eyes and shook my head. "Of course not!"

   "Why are you crying...?"

   "I'm not!" I shouted back.

   "You're still a crybaby aren't you?" he laughed, finishing sweeping up the hair.

   As I waited for Akkun to finish I let myself assess  the situation. 'I actaully changed the present! I really did it!' My phone then began to ring, a number I didn't recognize.

   I picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

   "You succeeded I see."

   "Huh? Who is this?" I asked not recognizing the voice right away.

   "You just returned from the past right?"

   Finally it hit. "Naoto!"

   "You did it Takamichi! You changed the future!"

\\\\---\\\\

   'I didn't change the future.' My mind wondered. 'It all just happened again. Hina, Akkun....'

   "I did my resarch on your friend." Naoto spoke up. I was surprised he'd bring this up at Hina's funeral. "Apparently he was married and had a child."

   "He did? Then why on earth would he do such a thing!?" I questioned.

   "It turns out his family went missing, I'm assuming they took his family hostage and then threatened him." He paused for a moment. "Did he say anything to you before he died?"

   I thought back to that tragic night. "Yeah, but he just said the same thing." The more I thought back I had only more questions. 'Why was Hanma there?'

   "In the end we couldn't change anything..." Naoto said, he kept his hands together as he looked towards the ground. "It was all for nothing."

   "No," I stepped in. "Draken's death wasn't the reason for Toman turning evil. Instead we have to go after the source."