Chapter 33

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

November 23rd

"Guys, listen." Hakkai spoke up, he looked down as soon as Mistuya and (Y/n) turned to acknowledge him.

"My brother, it's just that-" Hakkai seemed to stumble on what he wanted to say. "Taiju is bad news; he won't listen to reason. He'll do whatever suits him. (Y/n), you even know this first hand!"

"Just knock it off, you always try to do everything on your own." Mistuya tsked.

"Besides Hakkai, no matter how awful Taiju is, we can deal with this. Why don't you put a little faith into Mistuya and I? Would we do something we think would steer anyone wrong?" (Y/n) responded, leaning towards a more comforting response than Mitsuya.

"Anyways, why are they coming with?" Mistuya pointed his thumb behind him, motioning to Chifuyu and I who walked behind the group.

"Well, I was there when everything happened." I defended.

"So was (Y/n), plus he's important in this conversation." Mistuya said, straight faced and I couldn't tell if he was actually upset.

"Well, yes. But you got another witness this way!" I tried to reason.

"And I'm just coming cause he's an idiot." Chifuyu continued which was surly just to irritate me.

"As long as you guys don't butt in, I guess...." Mistuya smiled, looking at (Y/n) with an usure expression. (Y/n) only smiled back, trying to ease his nerves.

It took us a little while to get to the meeting spot. It was in the residential area and in a home, the house was rather clean and modern. I felt it was probably the safest place to have these kinds of conversations without drawing outsider attention.

Hakkai lead us in, opening the doors for us all to file into the living room. There were two couches that sat opposite of each other with a coffee table in the middle. Kokonoi and Inui were already in the room, standing behind the further couch. A visible smirk made its way onto Kokonoi's face as we entered, he walked up to greet us.

"Ah, so many came today. Even the new captain and his vice-captain. How sweet, the more the marrier I suppose." Kokonoi hummed, looking everyone up and down.

"There were no limits on who could come. It's not like we're doing anything more than talking." Mistuya brushed past him, not looking too pleased to be speaking to the man.

"Oh, I know. I wasn't criticizing." Kokonoi let everyone gather around the other couch. "By the way, (Y/n)." He turned his attention to (Y/n) who stood straight with a blank expression.

"How's the damage? I'm surprised to see you here. Especially after you were crying like a little bitch. Poor Inupi didn't even get to finish the job." Kokonoi stepped closer to (Y/n), but (Y/n) didn't move back. Instead, he continued to stare Kokonoi dead in the eyes.

"I'm not here for playful banter." (Y/n) spoke, there was still the obvious issue with speaking normally. Even so, he didn't let it take away from what he was saying.

"Oh wow, don't you sound childish like that? You still swollen or something?" Kokonoi teased, Inui walked up to the pair as they spoke. 

"Want me to finish the job? Honestly, I really don't want to hear you talk at all. I think everyone would benefit from you shutting the fuck up forever." Inui flipped out his knife, grabbing (Y/n) roughly by the jaw and taking out his tongue.