Chapter 25

Takemichi's POV

November 23rd 2005

   "Help?" I asked.

   (Y/n) nodded with a bright smile.

   "Yes! I really want to make this gift count and I feel like you'd be able to help pretty well. You have a girlfriend after all so you might have a good perspective." He winked, I blushed slightly. The compliment was received and probably boosted my ego more than it should have.

   "Plus I think it'd be great to actually hangout and get to know each other more personally. We've never had some one on one time before." (Y/n) added.

   He was right, while we did hangout it was always with Mikey and Draken or Toman in general. I wasn't surprised necessarily with his kind nature and all, but it was that he wanted to get to know me better that intrigued me. A guy like him found me interesting enough to want to hangout.

   "Ah, yeah! That's fine, did you want to go now?" I asked, we were right outside my school gates. School had ended for the day and I could only guess that
(Y/n)'s classes ended earlier than mine if he was here now.

   "Yes please, if you're not busy. I know I should've planned this better but I lost track of time and realized I needed the gift soon." (Y/n) rubbed his ankle with the top of his foot, showing that he was slightly embarrassed by his carelessness.

   "No that's fine. I didn't have any plans anyways." I smiled to reassure him, he seemed to light up a little at the sediment.

   "Great! Let's head to the shopping district, I'll even buy you a snack as a thank you." (Y/n) started walking, nodding his head for me to follow as we walked side my side.

   There was an awkward silence between us as we walked. There was plenty to talk about, and (Y/n) was more than friendly enough, but I wasn't sure how to even start a conversation with him.

   We've only hung out in group settings so I never dove into any interests we shared or topics he liked to talk about. So all I could do was bring up what we were doing.

   "So, gift shopping eh?" I said awkwardly.

   (Y/n) looked over at me and smiled, nodding his head silently. That didn't do much, so I pushed on.

   "You mentioned I'd have perspective because I'm dating a girl. Does that mean you're looking for a lady? You got your eyes on a girl?" I wiggled my eyebrows teasingly to hopefully lessen the air.

   (Y/n) broke out into a small laugh, shaking his head back and forth as he did so.

   "Goodness no, not at all!" He waved his hands dismissively. "I'm shopping for Emma actually."

   The mention of her name perked my interest, any interactions I've seen them have have either been arguments or avoiding each other unless absolutely necessary. Even then, it tended to be polite and straight to the point.

   "Emma?" That really surprised me and I guess it showed.

   "I know it seems weird. It's not really that much of a secret that we don't get along too well." (Y/n) sighed. Though he didn't let it visibly consume him, it was obvious that the situation was unfavorable.