Chapter 22

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

October 31st, 2005

   I looked helplessly frozen at the 4 men that were knocked down on the mountain of cars. Mikey standing tall above them all. He seemed to be regaining his breath while he had a brief moment. Almost as quickly as he had stood up, he was back on his knees.

   Whispers immediately started once he was back down. They were Valhalla members, and it was clear they were not concerned with anything other than finishing Mikey off. In that instant one captain of Valhalla took the opportunity to finish what was started. He instructed his men to follow behind him as he rushed towards the man in question.

   I didn't know why but I recognized the captain that led the men. He was quick to make his way up the piled-up cars. I knew I had to act quickly, looking around me and shouting for someone, anyone to help Mikey. The two I would usually run to in this situation were either stuck fighting or were knocked out.

   'Damn it, that's right! Now I also have to make sure (Y/n) is okay. Why did he act so recklessly?'

   I was frustrated with the situation as it only seemed to get increasingly worse. Not only did I have Mikey and (Y/n) to worry about but my main goal was still unseen. That was it, I didn't have anyone else I could rely on, I had to be the bigger man now.

   With that in mind I ran up to the pile in front of me. The simple act of getting to my goal seemed to be harder than I would have expected. I was pushed back and punched just for trying to run where the Valhalla members were.

   I knew I couldn't give up though, I needed to protect these people.

    'They need to survive!'

   I was able to push my way to the front, finally making it to my starting point. I looked up to see all sorts of men swarming up to Mikey. Thats when I realized I was too late. The remaining Valhalla captain was already ahead of me and with a baton held above his head he swung at Mikey.

   But the most unexpected person had come to the rescue. The captain was punched and sent down by none other than Kisaki. His boot making itself planted firmly on the captain's head.

   "I, the third division captain of Toman, will take responsibility for protecting and defending our commander." Kisaki announced at the top, his tone commanding and confident.

   Before I knew it the third division had swarmed the mountain of cars. They wasted no time in fighting the Valhalla members. In this second, I had a moment to really get a good look at both Kisaki and the man below him. It fled back into my mind like lightning. The guy wearing the mask, he was with Kisaki, that day when I was riding with (Y/n) on his motorcycle.

   "Nice going Kisaki!" Mistuya praised from below.

   "What does he even think he's doing?" Chifuyu on the other hand sounded rather upset by the turn of events.

   Already there were multiple praises coming from Toman members. It made me sick to my stomach. I knew that Kisaki wasn't concerned about winning or losing.

    'If he protects Mikey and wins it will be great news for him. On the other hand, if Valhalla wins they will just take over Toman. In the end this is going to his plan regardless!'

   "Keep it up Kiskai!" Draken's voice rang out, I turned to see a determined look on his face.

   'Oh god, even Draken was playing into his game.'