Chapter 5

Authors note: BARE WITH ME, THE STORY GETS BETTER. I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

2005

'Naoto warned me that August 3rd was when Toman was split into two factions and an internal conflict occured.' I shifted in my bed, laying on my side as I thought. ' Was (Y/n) trying to warn me about something like this? He seemed so serious...' I couldn't wrap my head around any of this, I ruffled my hair in frustraion. ' Maybe some sleep will help...'

   The next morning as I got ready I came up with the best plan. 'I'll be Draken's bodyguard!'

   "You? A bodyguard? Nah that'd be annoying." Draken said bluntly.

   'Damn, my plan already failed!' I watched Draken walk away from me afterwards, leaving me in the dust. 'Whatever! I'll just follow him! That's my second best plan to keep an eye on him.'

Draken made his way into a little cafe where Mikey and (Y/n) were waiting. I followed behind and secretly made my way into a booth close by to listen.

"Somebody better be ready for a fight!" Mikey said loudly, I choked on my drink and turned to watch them.

'Is this where the conflict starts!?'

"There isn't a flag!" Mikey complained much to my surprise. 'Huh? He was upset over no flag on his meal?'

" I'm so sorry, I'll retrieve one right away." The waiter bowed, apologizing for the little issue.

"Please don't apologize, no worries at all!" (Y/n) cut in, waving his hand trying to dismiss it. Draken pulled out a small paper flag from his pocket and put it in Mikey's rice.

"Hell yeah! Nice going Ken-chin!" Mikey beamed. (Y/n) shook his head and patted Mikey's back.

"Mikey I swear...." Both seemed used to this kind of nonsense, was Mikey usually like this?

After a little bit of everyone eating Draken suddenly spoke up. "I'm sick of this!"

I switched my focus from my drink to the situation. 'Is this it?'

"Mikey please get up..." (Y/n) nudged the sleeping boy next him.

'Huh?'

"I'll get him." Draken said, obviously irritated, picking up Mikey and putting him on his back. "Stop falling asleep after you eat!" He complained, and rightfully so. (Y/n) got up and followed the two, going ahead and paying for their meals.

'I guess this is just how Mikey usually is? Surprising after seeing how he was when in front of Toman...' I stood up, paid for my drink and followed swiftly behind to not lose them.

As we walked, or more as I followed- I couldn't help but think about their relationship. 'The three seemed so close, the way Draken and (Y/n) supported a guy like Mikey so willingly was amazing. I never would've taken Draken as such a caring guy....'

"We're here Mikey." (Y/n) tapped the sleeping boy's shoulder, waking him up but only barely.

"Why are we here?" Mikey asked, 'I was wondering the same thing, I didn't even realize this was on the way to the hosipital.'

"We're here to visit someone..." Draken mentioned, letting Mikey off of his back so he could walk on his own. We made our way up several floors before they stopped in front of one room.

"Who is she?" Mikey asked.

"Pah's friend's girlfriend." Draken responded, all three of them looking into the room.

"She's been in a coma for 5 days now." (Y/n) chimed in. Their peaceful moment was interupted by an older man yelling at the trio.

"Who the hell are you!? Leave now, you bastards!" The man made his way up, pointing an accusing finger at the three as his wife followed silently behind him.

Next thing I knew Draken and (Y/n) bowed in sync, Mikey continued standing with his hands in his pockets.

"My daughter is in here because of the likes of you!"

Mikey turned two the two bowing, in a serious tone he spoke. "Get up you two, don't bow to them, we did nothing wrong."

" Like hell you did!" The man's voice rose. "It's because of trash like you that my daughter is suffering! All you do is cause trouble and hurt people!"

"Huh? Who do you think you are speaking too-" Mikey's head was forced down by Draken's hand, forcing Mikey to join their bowing.

"It's our responsibility." Draken spoke respecfully. "We take full responsibility."

" You think bowing is going to save ya! What do you think you're going to accomplish!?" The man continued to yell.

'Mikey was right though, they didn't do anything wrong.'

"My precious daughter has been in a coma, her body is beaten, she is disfigured!" The man's voice became shaky with his next words. "What did she do to you guys to deserve such a fate?" His wife started crying right after.

" It will not solve the problem or change what has happened. But, sir, ma'am, we give our sincerest apologies. Your daughter never deserved what had happened. May God stay with her and your family. Justice will be served, I assure you that." (Y/n) said, his voice dead serious, the end even causing goosebumps on my arms.

"Leave, never come back here again." The man said, ending the discourse as he and his wife walked away. The three stayed still, bowing even as they walked away and were long gone.

" This is why we are fighting Moebius. You need to rememeber that everyone in our gang has families, people they care about and want to protect. We can not let innocent people suffer because of us." Draken spoke. "You don't need to bow, but you need a heart to care for others."

"Nobody deserves the hell that they are given without reason." (Y/n) spoke up now. " Remember you have people you also care about, and they love you. We will avenge Pah's friend, his girlfriend, her family, his family." He stopped for a moment. "We just can never let ourselves go down the same path as Moebius has. I won't let us."

The trio stayed silent before coming back up together and staring blankly ahead of them. "Geez you two, you're so sentimental." Mikey took a moment before continuing. "But I'm sorry...thank you guys. I'm glad to have you by my side...."

'I believe I understand why Mikey changed after Draken died...but even so.' I turned to look at them one more time. 'What happened to (Y/n) to let Mikey go completely off the deep end?'

'Mikey changed when Draken died...he shouldn't have died. He shouldn't have died either...'

'Was (Y/n) the other one Akkun was talking about? No, he wasn't even mentioned by Naoto or by Akkun. But I think I get it, they are Mikey's heart. They compensate for what he lacks.'

"Man I'm hungry." Mikey interupted my thoughts.

"Mikey, we were just being serious, don't ruin the moment!" (Y/n) complained towards the other.

"Besides, we just ate." Draken added in.

"I get hungry after I sleep!" Mikey chirped cheerfully.

'There is no way, Naoto. Those two couldn't fight each other. Besides, I think they have someone to stop that kind of thing.'