Chapter 9

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

August 3rd 2005

   'It was August 3rd, the day that Draken was supposed to die from an internal conflict.' I made my way up the stairs towards the festival. 'But it was stopped! Now I can relax and actually enjoy myself now with Hina!' Even the thought of her brought a blush to my cheeks. I stood talking to Draken and (Y/n) while we waited for our dates.

   "Sorry we were late!" Hina and Emma came up the stairs, meeting us. Excited smiles were present on their faces. Both were dressed in beautiful yukatas and had their hair done up nicely.

   "Took you guys awhile." Draken said.

   'Wow he didn't really know how to talk to girls does he?'

   I turned towards (Y/n) who was smiling along with everyone else. "Hey (Y/n), where's your date?" I questioned him, after all he was waiting with us.

   "Date? Oh I don't have one!" He waved off surprising me.

   "Then do you have a friend meeting you or something? We can wait till they arrive." I offered, not wanting him to be all alone.

   "No no, I came alone. I just wanted to chat with you guys till the ladies got here." He reassured.

   'Damn that is just depressing man....Why not invite Mikey or one of the captains?'

"He invited Mikey but he got called somewhere else for something important last minute." Draken explained. That made more sense now.

   "Did you want to join us then, (Y/n)?" Hina butted in. Not that I'd mind exactly but it was supposed to be a date!

   "Oh no no, you guys have a date remember? And Takemichy here is really excited for it!" (Y/n) hung his arm over my shoulder. "Thank you for the invite though."

   And with that we went our separate ways. Hina and I followed behind Draken and Emma. Emma looking like she was desperately trying to get his attention but continuously failed.

   "He's so dense, Emma cares for him so much but he just doesn't notice..." Hina commented.

   "I'm sure he cares, he's probably just not very open with his feelings. He does seem pretty put together doesn't he?" I responded, watching the two disappear into the crowed.

   "Emma says all he ever talks about is Mikey, (Y/n) and Toman. If I didn't know any better I'd assume he was in love with them." She joked, chuckling a little bit, causing me to laugh as well.

   We spent the rest of our time enjoying the atmopshere and playing games, just being with each other. But fate had a different idea for us when it started to rain, it poured down so harshly too. We ran for cover under a large tree, the silence enveloped us. But of course by the time we got into the middle of an important conversation my phone began to ring.

   "Hey Takemichi, the rain is lame ain't it?" Yamagishi called over the phone. My blood began to boil, of all the times and things he could call about it had to be now.