Chapter 20

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

October 30th, 2005

   I followed along with the two boys ahead of me, trailing behind as we wandered to who knows where. Both were dressed in Toman's uniform while I had my school uniform on.

   "Where are we going  by the way? You guys were being kinda vauge..." I awkwardly chuckled out hoping to lighten up then oddly tense air around us.

   (Y/n) turned his head, stopping where he was so we could walk side by side. "Sorry! My bad, guess I kinda got lost in my own world for a second." He explained. "We're just meeting with someone for a bit. Doing our part before the battle." I could finally feel where some of that negative energy was coming from, not like you could tell by looking at him though.

   I only nodded, not quite sure where he was going with that comment. Would we be meeting with other Toman members? Were we possibly meeting someone invloved in Valhalla? (Y/n) was here so it was likely he was here to negotiate with someone.

   We continued our walk till we made our way to an overpass above a busy street. When we made it to the top I could clearly see a man leaning with his back on the railing, his hair blew in the soft wind. I didn't recognize him right away until Chifuyu spoke up.

   "I apologize for the sudden meeting." He spoke softly, as if to be respectful. The man leaning straightened up and I finally got a good look at his face. It was Baji.

   "Wow, you came all this way to get beat to a pulp again?" Baji held a smile on his face that seemed sort of forced, it looked unatural. "And you even brought (Y/n) with you? Did you come here to tell me how bad I've been?" Baji teased. I looked to my side to see (Y/n) standing straight, his hands at his sides with his fists balled just in case something were to happen.

   Chifuyu decided to ignore Baji's comment and continued to speak. "Kiaski, did you find anything out about him?"

   Baji's expression visably changed to confusion. "Huh?"

   Chifuyu persisted. "Well you're going undercover for Toman right?" This comment seemed to upset Baji in some way, his brows furrowing at the idea. "I did my own digging around and I know the truth about him. So there is no need to ride with Valhalla at this point." Chifuyu seemed so sure in his conclusion.

   "What are you on?" Baji chuckled.

   "We fight tomorrow, if you don't come back then you will  become Toman's enemy! This is serious Baji!" Chifuyu became more panicked.

   Baji let out a sigh, removing himself from his spot and went to lean on the railing, looking down onto the street below. "You're really a fucking moron aren't you? You can't just trust someone who isn't your friend. Can you even trust the two behind you?" He smiled softly. "I left Toman for good. I am going to help bring Toman down."

   There was silence that followed. I didn't realize it but when (Y/n) had finally opened his mouth to speak I had interupted him. "Hey guys...Can I speak with Baji for just a second? Alone..." Chifuyu turned to look at me, a little surprised but nontheless nodded, (Y/n) on the other hand looked very hesitant. He looked back at Baji and then me before silently nodding, Chifuyu and him walking away towards another part of the bridge.