||The lost moon ||

Note: I had written this piece for a competition. Hope you like it and in line comments please.

~♥~

“ ARE WE REALLY GOING?! “ Vanya exclaimed for, what seemed like, the hundredth time.

Ridhima, Vanya's mother, chuckled lowly at her excitement. She had been jumping around since she heard of going on a vacation with her parents. Ridhima folded the clothes of Vanya and packed them in a suitcase.

“ Yes, my little moon. We are really going. “ She said, pulling her cheeks, and Vanya grinned.

“ It means papa will not be busy in meetings and spend his whole time with us! “ She exclaimed, making Ridhima laugh.

“ Yes, he will" Ridhima assured with a slight chuckle and caressed her hair softly.

“ Your papa will spend all his time with us," she said in a hushed voice and smiled to herself.

“ It will be our own little family time “

“ Beautiful" Vanya breathed out, rubbing her palms slightly to produce some heat and gazed at the scene in front of her with an awe expression on her face.

A gush of wind swayed the leaves in a melody of laughter, there was a slight chill in the air, enough to give a gentle shiver. The mountain soared into the sky. The snow-festooned mountain peaks were embalmed with tiaras of powdery snow.

A light curtain of fog was wrapped around them, and Vanya breathed in the beauty of the place.

There is a relaxing feel of the mountains, making it perfect for letting the stress disappear and find its way to one's soul. It is like, see the beauty sitting in front of your eyes and never getting bored.

“ Papa, this is so beautiful" Vanya whispered and looked at Vansh who looked as awestruck as her.

“ It is, moon.” He whispered back, making Vanya smile slightly. She loved the nickname he gave her.

Being a single child, she was the most pampered one, her parents loved her to no extent. She was clearly more like a papa's princess and the same goes with Vansh, she was his lifeline.

“ Papa" They looked at her and saw her gazing at them with a sheepish smile on her face. Vansh looked at her with a suspicious look.

“ Washroom"

Ridhima groaned and shot her a glare while Vansh shook his head with a sigh.

“ I had told you! I had said you to use washroom in hotel itself, but no! When do you listen to me," Ridhima exclaimed and both of them flinched together.

She looked at her mother with a pout on her face, trying to act cute and used her biggest strength, her puppy eyes.

“ Come I will take you" Ridhima said with a sigh, and she frowned.

“ But I can go alone. You two enjoy here," Vanya argued.

“ There's no way we are leaving you alone. “ They exclaimed together and stared at each other for a moment.

“ I am 10 years big old girl" she said, pouting. Both were still hesitant to send her alone and glanced at each other.

“ But don't go far away. Just nearby" Ridhima warned and Vanya squealed, running away hurriedly.

Both of them chuckled at the same time and looked at her retreating figure, who was now behind the bushes.