Chapter 1

'I really hate waking up in pain.' Cale thought waking up from his slumber, he lifted up his hand to cover his eyes from the annoying sun light flooding his room.

"What the hell happened..." He asked himself as he looked at his bandage covered arm. Cale sat down and a silent groan left his mouth as a harsh sting hit his stomach and forehead. Confused, he lift up his shirt and saw a giant purplish bruise on his left tummy. Cale frowned at the ugly sight.

"That damn punk." He chanted all the curse word he knew as the ugly memory starts playing on his head.

Last night Cale visited his mother's empty cold room, he didn't entered. The memory of his blurry memory of his mother still makes his heart ache. The servants had their eyes on the floor but still tremble at the presence of their trash young master. Cale hated the sight.

Sure, he was a alcoholic jerk but he never dated raise a hand or throw a bottle to anyone no matter how pissed of he was. He threw a glare at the maids and waved his hand telling them to get lost.

"Don't let anyone enter this hallway, now piss off." He said in a low annoyed voice and the servants gladly left. They're all scared of the so called "Trash" of the Henituse territory. Everyone saw how much of a jerk he is, and how he spends the Count's money on alcohol.

Cale leaned on the door and sat down on the cold floor with one of his foot up where his left arm was stretched out, holding a haft empty wine bottle.

He felt his heart clench. It hurts so bad that he wanted to cry out loud, but no tears left his eyes. He can't feel anything except anger.

Cale sat there for a few more minutes then went to the library. His almost soundless footsteps filled the empty the corridor. The library had been his favorite spot to hang out with his mother. She would always read a book for him and drink tea there while enjoying the scenery from the garden. It was left untouched ever since her mother passed away. Cale never let anyone enter unless they're going to clean. For him, the library is the only happy memory of his mother.

He browsed thru all the books. His finger tips touching the book spines as he slowly walk drinking his wine. Cale stopped and looked at his now dusty finger tips. The servants should clean this more properly, he thought.

"Should I have steak tonight or-" A stinging head ache reached Cale's head making him drop the wine bottle on the wooden floor as he reach for his temples. A shattering sound and a soft groan echoed in the library.

"Fuck," he cursed as the head ache left. Cale looked at the mess he made below. He crouched down and picked up the broken glasses and placed them in a corner when a faint red light glowed below a the wooden floor. Cale wasn't drunk yet since he can feel a stinging pain on his finger tips.

He glanced behind him making sure he's alone before pulling a pocket knife underneath his coat and stabbed it on the floor without hesitation. Cale gulped and pulled the small wood tile out revealing the source of the strange red light.

The confused Cale pulled out the supposed to be wet book and the small brown box. He opened the strange dry book. It was empty. Cale placed it on the shelf before opening the small box. A faint red light filled his view then a extremely cold sensation touched his heart. He stood up in shock as he felt a painfully cold thing surround his heart, to the point he could hear his own hear beat trying to break free.

Panic started to rise on his throat as he ran out of the library and unfortunately bumping into a mercenary looking black haired guy. He glared at the man for blocking his way.

"Get out of my way," Cale sharply said then tried to go when the man grabbed his wrist forcing him to look at the man. Cale yelped at the strong grip. A faint smell of alcohol lingered on Cale's nose.

"Wait, I'm here for the Count, where is his room?" Is this guy nuts? Did he sneak in here? Don't he know me? Questions filled Cale's head but he didn't have time for that. He was in pain and cold.

Choi Han read Cale's expression. "I need to see him to request a proper burial for the dead people in Harris village."

Cale's mind became more chaotic at the mention of the village. The village where his mother was attacked by bandits and died.

"Fuck off, they deserved to die. They're misfortune-" A fist made contact with Cale's face. He fell on the floor in more pain. He left out a icy breath.

'Why does everyone get in my way?'

"What did you say you bastard?!" Choi Han glared at the red haired man ready to pounce any moment.

"I said they deserve to die, you punk!" Cale shouted ready to fight back, ignoring the pain on his heart when a foot made contact with his stomach and metal vase smashed on his head then everything went black.