Chapter 3

Cale Henituse headed straight to the hundred year old looking tree. He was tired from walking back and fort and was in a hurry. He didn't have time for this, but according to Abyss, he can feel a ancient power in it.

He wiped his cold sweats with the hem of his deep blue coat. People found it strange. It was a sunny day where everyone was trying to wear less clothes, but the young master was wearing a very long thick coat. He is indeed strange and crazy, the people thought.

Cale proceed to pour another bag of bread on the black hole below the tree. It swallowed everything like a black hole. He emptied the bags and there was only one more bag left.

"This better be the last one you damn glutton. I'm tired and weak." Cale threatened the tree brushing his red hair with his fingers then poured the last bag of bread.

- So... SO DELICIOUS! THE SOFT TEXTURE AND THE LAST BAG WAS DEFINITELY THE BEST OF ALL. I GUESS FOOD DEVELOPS AS TIME GOES BY. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS BREAD BACK IN MY DAYS. THE WHEAT MUST HAVE GROWN ON A REALLY FERTILE GROUND, WHICH IS WHY IT TASTED TO DELICIOUS.

Cale flinched at the loud voice of the Ancient Power. It almost feels like it had a grudge from not being are to speak rather than dying from hunger.

- DELICIOUS FOOD LIKE THAT DIDN'T EXIST IN ANCIENT TIMES. THE ONLY THING THAT FOLLOWERS OF GOD FROM THE FOREST OF DARKNESS GAVE ME WERE TASTELESS. THEY KICKED ME OUT SAYING I WAS A GLUTTON. SOB. I EVEN HAD TO EAT DIRT BEFORE DYING BECAUSE OF THEM!

"I understand that the bread was indeed delicious from the way you described it and you didn't deserved that death. But can you keep it down you're too-" Cale was trying to humor the Glutton despite the annoying urge to curse at it.

- THANK! YOU'RE THE FIRST MAN TO UNDERSTAND ME. SOB. THEREFORE, I SHALL PROTECT YOU.

A small bright light appeared Infront of him and the dying leaved of the tree started to turn into a healthy green one. He reached out his hand to catch a falling leaf. Interesting, he thought.

The warm sensation touched his finger tips. This must be it. Silver strings shoot forward Cale's heart, warm and pure power came into Cale, it's a pleasant feeling compared to what he felt when he accidentally got Abby.

- ABBY YOU'RE HERE TOO!

- Hello Glutton, last time we met was hundred years ago.

- YEAH, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THAT GUY DIED BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE THE VITALITY!

"Am I going to die too if I use you?" Cale asked a bit horrified.

- THERE'S A CHANCE CALE, BUT LUCKY FOR YOU I KNOW WHERE THE VITALITY OF THE HEART IS!

Damn, is this another Ancient Power? It takes too much effort trying to acquire one, that Cale already felt exhausted just hearing about it.

————————

The moon was shinning brightly in a quiet night. Only rustles of the leaves and animal's soft groans can be heard. In this quiet night a fast horse loudly past by leaving a heavy foot print on the ground.

Cale was tired and hungry. He was already near the Viscount territory. The 3 day supposed to be trip ended in 1 day duration. He had brought the strongest and faster horse his father has. He didn't said what kind of horse he will take, not that he had time to do that. After a brief discussion with the Glutton on how to get the Vitality of the Heart, Cale stole the horse and left without bringing anything except the gold coins left from buying tons of bread.

Cale stopped the speeding horse when he saw a old man surrounded by a group of bandits. One thing that Cale despise the most are Infront of his eyes, bandits. His mother died helplessly in the hand of bandits while visiting the Harris Village in a rainy day. Her mother's carriage was chased by bandits and slipped on a cliff. She was found with all her jewelry gone and her clothes barely covering her. Cale still remember the terrifying sight of his bloody mother covered in mud.

"What the hell, that's a nice handsome horse you got there young man. Mind giving it to me?" The leader of the bandits smirked, glancing at Cale's horse and expensive looking clothes. He was good looking too, so he must be rich, the bandits thought.

Cale looked at the old man on the ground looking so helpless and the old man gave him a look seeking for help. The sight made him frown.

"So annoying," he said out loud making the bandits stop smiling.

"YOU PUNK WH-" A freezing sensation covered their whole body as a block of ice crept from their toes up to their neck in a fast speed.

White air left Cale's eyes glowed red in the darkness as he glared at the bandits.

"Annoying things are meant to be destroyed."

Blood splattered everywhere as arrows of ice went straight into the bandit's heads.