Chapter 40

The Barbaric looking man flew on the right and immediately fainted.

Amiru Ubarr let out a yelp of surprise as the red haired didn't even hesitated to attack. She felt her heart run wild remembering the King's orders.

'Anyone who will help Cale Henituse to achieve his evil deeds will be beheaded.'

She wanted to run away as far as possible, she doesn't want to engage any more encounters with the red haired.

**

Earlier this morning, Amiru came running out of her mansion as the barbaric man  who returned after hours of missing had informed her that he had met a man wearing a cape on the sea shore when he was taking a stroll. She felt her body froze but had decided to check it out. 'Are they coming after me too?' As they were looking around for any sign of evidence to prove her terrifying thoughts, they had spotted three corpse. Mermaid corpse. A being that wasn't supposed to be seen by humans.

"I think he's the one who killed them. Haha!" The barbaric man laughed out loud as he inspect the dried up corpse. He was referring to the man who had attacked him earlier.

Amiru sat down swallowing up the urge to puke and started inspecting too. It was bloody despite the fact that their body are dried up. It looked like a doing of a powerful magic.

"What makes you say that? It could've been anyone..."

The man just wickedly smiled at the three corpse. "By the way, I am sure he used ice to crush me. This cut looks too ugly to be made of a sword, isn't it?" The man pointed at the fresh cut arm. The rest of the arm was missing.

Ice.

She only know one person who can use ice like it's nothing. Amiru felt her surrounding turned cold, as if the temperature just had dropped.

"Cale... Henituse?" She said asking herself then suddenly she heard a awkward cough. Her head shoot up. There, she saw the suspected killer of these mermaids. The most wanted person in the whole Roan Kingdom right now.

The barbaric man started shouting and challenging the red haired but was sent flying with a single attack. She felt her breath hitched and a scream came out of her mouth unconsciously.

"Why are you screaming? I didn't even-" The red hair's words were cut off when a man flew behind her back and lunged at Cale.

It was too fast but Cale managed to stop the attack with a ice sword. The man jumped backwards and ran Infront of Amiru. His eyes glanced on the unconscious barbaric man.

"Who the hell are you?" Cale just rolled his eyes and it annoyed the man.

He has brown hair and gray eyes and his attire was mercenary like. But the sword he was using was fancy.

"I don't think you're in the position to ask when you guys were the one who attacked me first." Cale's cold voice made Amiru flinch. Then she saw it. Cale's glowing crimson eyes.

"This bastard?!" Amiru pulled the shirt of the man Infront of him tightly. She was terrified.

"D-dont..."

But the man was too strong for her to stop. In one swift motion, his sword made contact with Cale's ice. It was destroyed and immediately melted into a water.

He lifted his sword up smiling at the thought of winning and slashed his sword to cut off the red hair's hand.

"Wha-"

A strong aura suppressed him and he felt the fear of death. He couldn't breathe as he saw glowing crimson eyes stare back at him then it disappeared.

Cold hands lifted his chin up from behind and a sharp object pointed at his neck.

"I'm going to make a hole on your neck if you move," the man said in a chilly voice and he felt it's cold breathe on his ear.

He nodded and dropped his sword.

He was a strong swordsman. Yet, he was helplessly defeated by a unknown man who he doesn't even know.

He was a shame.

**

Cale felt his body shiver once again. He doesn't have the cape to make his body warm.

- You're such an idiot! I told you to control your powers!

Abby once again scolded the trembling pale Cale Henituse.

"What? He attacked me first last night," he glared at the barbaric man and frowned at Amiru's frighten expression. It kinda pains him to see his childhood friend afraid of him.

"Young Master Cale, may I know w-what you're doing here?"

Amiru finally managed to ask as she set down the tea cup. She had secretly let Cale in his room with the two other man.

"I had business. What were you doing with that punk anyway?"

Cale frowned and motioned towards the swordsman who is wrapping the barbaric man's head with a new gauze.

The swordsman glared at Cale.

"Bob is helping me to take care of some bandits and Sir Lerk is currently just paying me back for helping him."

White puffs of air left his mouth as he used Fire if Destruction to calm down the coldness of his body. Blood dripped down his mouth. He had already explained that it wasn't him but a certain whale who killed the mermaids. They at least seem to believe it.

"Young master Cale, you're bleeding! Hold on, I'll give you high qua-"

"There's no need for you to do that." He coldly stopped Amiru, she looked like she wanted to protest but just nodded.

He wasn't feeling any pain at all. The Crybaby is doing its job.

The brown haired man looked at Cale with mix emotions as he finishes aiding the barbaric man named Bob.

Cale frowned. 'Another Bob.'

He crossed his legs and leaned back at the sofa.

"Are you really Bob?" Cale's eyes observed the barbaric man's reaction. He flinched. 'This bastard..."

A piece of ice flew to Bob and it stopped just a few inches away from his eye balls. His jaws dropped, Amiru gasped and Lerk drew his sword towards Bob. The action made Cale frown.

"You, what's your real identity." Lerk asked and Bob's neck started to bleed.

"Hah! You guys are strong! Don't worry, I don't plan to fight. Bob is just a name I use for business an-"

"Stop with the crap and tell us your name." Cale asked and drew the ice neared his pupils making Bob flinch. He could die if Cale wanted to.

Bob sighed in defeat. "It's Toonka, I came from the Whipper Kingdom."

"Hoh... Aren't you the leader of those rebels?" Cale said smiled widely.

He heard Basen once complain about the Whipper Kingdom's mage's who are abusing the people there and using them as test subjects. He was siding with the rebels just like a man he is.

Toonka smiled as Cale dropped the ice.

"And you're the wanted murderer, Cale Henituse."

Lerk's eyes widen.