Chapter 8

"Commander Arthur, is anything wrong?"

"Did you felt that?"

"I beg your pardon?"

Arthur definitely felt a strong presence in that direction for a split second. However, it could have been a mistake, what he felt could have been the presence he left since that's what usually happens.

"Nothing, let's hurry and find that damn
dragon and the bastard who helped him," he said in a cold tone before riding his horse to head west.

Before one of their guard die, it had managed to delivered a message saying only 3 things before dying;

'Crimson Eyes... Dragon... Ice mage...'

Crimson Eyes, they're the same colors as his. From what he know, only him and a few of his family had inherited the color of Crimson Eyes. It's the reason why he had been forced to be a knight rather than studying laws and assist the future king. It was his dream. Was.

And now that a person with Crimson Eyes appeared out of nowhere, things are just starting to get interesting for him.

It'll be troublesome if their Young lord who crippled his older brother to have the position of his father in the future, starts throwing a fit about his missing dragon. He is quite possessive with his possessions.

"Old man, bring 2 breakfast meals in my room," Cale said as he close the wooden door of the inn behind him and wiping the fak
e light sweat on his forehead. His fiery red hair was messy and unkept.

"Y-you where did you go to early this morning?" The old man approached him looking confused and concerned as he had not seen the red haired fellow go down stairs. He thought he has disappear when he didn't saw the young man's presence in his room earlier.

Cale ran a hand thru his slightly wet hair. "I exercise every morning."

- What bullshit is that.

Abby frowned at the reasoning Cale has made up to cover up his sudden disappearance early in the morning. He was wearing his cape. Who would believe that someone wearing that attire just finished their exercise?

Cale hadn't exercised in the past 11 years. Infact, he never really did, he just considered holding a sword as exercise.

'That makes sense.' Bob nodded and smiled at the young man. Cale stared back.

- HE PROBABLY DIDN'T BUY YOUR EXCUSE!

Cale wanted to smack Abby and Glutton's back heads. Infact, he consider himself as the best liar ever, yes it is a compliment.

- Do you really exercise every morning, human? But you're weak! That does not make any sense!

The black dragon who is flying behind him while invincible joined the 2 Ancient Powers question his abilities in lying.

"Unbelievable." Cale muttered under his breath.

"What are you staring at?"

"Oh dear, it's nothing. I thought I might tell you, 3 men barged into your room earlier for inspection. They checked every house I believe, I heard that there was a thief who took important belongings from the Young Lord Stan's Villa. It's really terrifying to go out these days. Oh and did..."

Cale ate his breakfast with the black dragon in his room, the dragon was very excited tasting different dishes and after that they prepared to head to Puzzle City where the Vitality of the heart is.

The old man Bob was nice enough to give Cale a pack of food that will last for 2 days before they started their journey.

"Human! How long will are we going to travel? Can't we just fly? It'll be faster!"

The black dragon was inside Cale's cape enjoying the comfortable warmth.

"No, your mana is too strong. I know you're the reason why those bastards looked back earlier. If they were to sense you they'll take you again. I'm too weak to fight back." Cale firmly said as he leaned forward preparing for a sprint. "Hold on tight, we're going to sprint."

Cale spent 3 sleepless days trying to reach the city as fast as he could. His time was running and Royal event will take place soon. He needs to hurry if he wants to save his brother, Basen, the next leader of the Henituse territory.

- I CAN FEEL IT!
- It's definitely a Ancient Power.

The dragon turned invincible as Cale jumped down elegantly the still energetic horse. With the little help of the dragon, it infused the tired horse with mana and now it's like a running machine rather an animal.

- Human! I can smell something delicious there! Let's eat first!

Cale's stomach made a sound as if to agree to the dragon's suggestion. He sighed, he won't be able last long in an empty stomach anyway.

- Meaw~
- Meawwww~

Cale was keeping his horse in place when 2 cats stared at him. He ignored it and continued what he's doing. He's starving.

- Meawww~

- Cat tribe. They're from the Cat tribe. They use poison and fog.

Abby's voice rang at Cale's head. Cat tribe, a word he had never heard off.

- Human! They look hungry! Can we help them?

Cale stare at the red cat to the silver cat. Their furs are dirty and their eyes are as shiny as the dragon.

'Damn it. I'm not running a damn zoo!'