Chapter 39

Cale wrapped his red cape to the man, he stopped trembling from the cold as he felt the strange warmth of the cape.

The man's eyelids slowly dropped and a tear made its way down his face.

- Cale, I thought you're going to help him? You're just going to leave him like that?

Glutton asked in a down voice but Cale didn't answered as he left the cave. He doesn't know why, but his brain provided him with a possible solution. His feet dragged him back to the disgusting mermaid corpse. His stomach dropped and his throat felt like burning as he stood beside the dried up dead body. Swallowing all the disgust feeling and hesitation, a piece of sharp ice emerged out of his hand and he cuts the arm of the mermaid.

- What the hell...?

- Sob, you're insane. This is so sad...

- Did your father never taught you manners? Are you going to eat a corpse?!

- Stealing a body to sell? Hmm, I guess that's okay.

The rumblings of the and Ancient Powers echoed here and there as they were confused of the red hair's actions.

He was as confused as everyone too. His brain seemed to know what to do and is controlling his body. Somehow, he was sure this was the right thing to do.

Cale came back to cave where the bleeding whale man was laying on the floor. It's lips were trembling from the unbearable pain. He wanted to scream but his energy already left his body. And he was scared that the comfortable warmth will disappear if he moved.

Cale carried the man in a bridal position and gently dropped him to the pond at the end of the cave. He used the power of the Thief to calm down the force of the wind. The whale's eyes fluttered open and brown eyes stare back at him.

'Is he going to kill me? This isn't the ocean?'

"Don't think of anything, I already told you that I'm going to help you." Cale's cold voice made the whale just nod slightly. He washed the wound and the whale flinched. It wasn't because he was hurt, it's because the touch was very gentle. The water wasn't salty too.

Cale swept back his hair leisurely and took the blood dripping arm and dropped it on the pond. A burning noise echoed around the cave, but in reality the arm was returning back to it's original state. The Ancient Powers gasped at the sight.

Cale dragged the man back to the ground softly and inspected the wound on his leg.

Cale created a sharp piece of ice and the man's eyes widen and his body started to twitch.

The first thing the man saw was the red haired lifting the shape ice up over his head. Cale smiled at the whale human to assure him and make him relax. The whale's eyes started to shake as the sharp ice moved.

Stab.

The piece of ice was stabbed on the mermaid corpse's arm and it cut through the skin. Blood started to drip out from the wound as Cale pulled the sharp ice out.

"Good boy."

Cale poured the mermaid blood on the man's wounded leg.

Sizzle. Sizzle.

The green substance started to sizzle and the whale felt the pain dispersed. His wounds started to close as the poison was removed.

Cale lifted up the man's chin and motioned to open it as he gently touched the whale's button lip.

"Drink it."

The whale man nodded making his hair fall all over his face.

The man's eyes shook in confusion as he felt better. He looked curiosity at the red haired man. He seemed to be younger than him but he had called him 'boy'.

"What? Aren't you the one who killed them?"

The man's face stiffened making Cale frown even more. He help the man sat down and lean on the wall of the cave. His hand landed on the whale's cheeks making the man flinch.

"Stop moving too much."

Heat came out of Cale's hand and it ran all over his body and the trembling whale.

Blood came out of Cale's mouth as he coughed up.

"If you're a whale you probably need to return home by morning to completely heal. I just removed the poison and closed the wound. Get some rest first."

He wiped it with his white sleeve.

"Ah, why is it so hard to live." Cale muttered and the man's face turned cold. It was a different type of look the black haired punk threw at him. It was a look of someone who is always looked down upon, and was constantly reminded that they weren't good enough as the rest of their tribe. That look could only come from that type of person.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Who else could kill a mermaid?"

"... I need to return home by morning, you're correct." The man pursed his lips and clutched the cape with his fist.

"I... I'm Paseton, may I know your name so I can repay you?"

Cale suddenly felt a urge if Daja Vu. He was tired and doesn't plan to listen to someone's life story. He quickly waved his hand.

"Just return to the sea when the sun rises. Mermaids are active more during night if I am correct." Cale sat down and hugged his feet and used the Fire of Destruction to surround himself with warmth since the whale is using his cape.

"I am going to sleep. Be quiet and don't wake me up." Cale said and let his tired body relax for the first time in a while.

The few days of traveling on his own was hard as it can be. He couldn't rest just anywhere. Thanks to the Vitality of the heart even if he just slept for 2 or 3 hours a day he's still healthy and fine.

Cale closed his eyes and drifted away.

The blue haired man stared at the red haired as it really did fell asleep. His eyes landed on the mermaid corpse.

'Sister needs to know about this.' he thought and nodded to himself. He just accidentally discovered a import piece of information thanks to the mysterious man Infront of him.

The next morning Cale found himself lying on the floor, all alone. Paseton was already gone. With his cape.

"Did he just stole my one and only cape...?" He laughed at himself and shook his head. It was unbelievable.

- He seemed to like your cape.

Abby teased Cale more and he just ignored it.

It was regrettable that he had lost his treasured cape that is keeping him from freezing to death. But the whale seemed to have grown fond of it.

He just sighed and accepted it.

As he step out of the cave the remarkable beautiful sunrise of the Ubarr Territory greeted him.

He walked out and went to the dried up corpse of the mermaid just to find the crazy man and  the green haired Amiru Ubarr inspecting the body.

'What the hell.' He stepped back to hide but it was too late. Amiru Ubarr is famous for having a strong sense.

"Cale... Henituse?" Amiru's eyes widen at the sight of the wanted red haired.

Meanwhile, the crazy man he had encountered earlier had bandage around his head and arm, is looking at Cale with a smile of... satisfaction?

Cale felt a shiver.

"STRONG! YOU'RE THE STRONG MAN LAST NIGHT! LET'S FI-"

Cale, once again, awkwardly slapped the man with a huge ice.