Chapter 37

"What the hell is wrong with that man?" Cale was bewildered by the sudden attack that he almost sandwiched him with two block of ice.

He wiped his lips with his sleeves as he tasted the disgusting metallic flavor of his warm blood.

"Crazy bastard," he sighed as he shook his head and the block of ice crashed on the sand and disappeared in the form of water.

- Cale, I can feel her soul underneath this island, it's inside a cave.

Abby's voice came over and he secured the cape covering his face. It was dark as he were in the place people of the Ubarr Territory avoided the most.

He squinted his eyes as he looked below the edge of the island to look for a said cave. He nodded as he spotted the small cave entrance surrounded by multiple whirlpools.

His face turned into a frown at the realization.

"You're not telling me to jump down, do you?"

- You have me and Crybaby, what're you scared of?

Glutton asked which Cale just answered with a heavy frustrated sigh. He had never done this ridiculous stunt before, the thought of it made him more frustrated and he washed his face with his hand.

"Hueeehh... You guys never gave me a break." He said and jumped down holding his breath with the Shield covering his whole body and the Crybaby waiting for the impact.

THUD!

"For the sake of sausages! OUCH!" Cale groaned loudly as his body rolled down on the hard surface he had landed on. With the help of Vitality, the pain started to decrease until it was completely gone.
He rubbed his butt as he stood up and stare at the giant whirlpools Infront of him. It was quite scary as he looked at it face to face.

Cale started to approach the cave.

- WAIT! I CAN FEEL THE CRIES OF DYING THE BODIES! SOB!

The Vitality shouted and the red haired chanted multiple cursed words. He just want to rest already.

"What is it now?" His annoyed voice was quite.

- Corpses!

His body froze. He had expected skeletons of people who fell from that height or bodies washed by the whirlpools, but fresh corpses were completely beyond Cale's expectations.

- They're not human corpse!

Cale's hand flew to his face to cover his eyes. If it were not human corpse, that meant they had distinct feature. However, they also do not resemble animals.

- Ooohh, Cale bastard, they have fins~

The Crybaby seemed to be enjoying teasing the frightened red haired. Cale dropped his hands.

Fins. That was the symbol of mermaids.

- Let's look at it first.

"Have you gone insane? Abby, really? You want me, to look at corpses of creatures I haven't seen before?" He couldn't help but frown at the Ancient Power, just the thought of mermaid corpse shocked him. And now he will have to look at it? No way.

Cale changed his direction and slowly walked to the said location of the mermaid corpses.

Cale felt his guys tighten as he examined the three mermaid corpse Infront of him, all with their necks broken. Furthermore, their legs and arms were twisted as well. He frowned. The more he looked at it, the more he feels like he shouldn't be there. Their body were dry as if a vampire had drunk l their blood. More importantly they their feet and arms were covered in fins and their body have scales and on the place where the ears were supposed to be located, a pair of blood dripping gills were there. He felt a shiver on his spine. He was just observing from a distance but it was already too much to take in for him. The appearance were scary.

"Gah, I can't stand this crap." Cale muttered as he turn his back to the bloody mermaid corpse and hugged himself.

He then went back to the location of the cave and went inside. It was stuffy, nothing special besides there's a giant pod on the end of the cave.

The water was sparkling and it's strangely imitating light.

- Jump down.

'This insane wo-'

"... Ha, this is crazy. Everything is crazy." He muttered to himself and dived down without second thoughts. It wasn't dark. The water was light itself that guided him to tower of rock where a clear jar with purple water inside was set.

Cale swimmed and pulled it, and as he did, he heard the ramblings of the Ancient Power and he felt his breath hitch.a

His eyes widen at the realization of his situation.

- Strange human, why do you smell like nature?

The Ancient Power's fancy smooth voice spoke thru his mind.

- Hmmm, this is rather interesting. You have the power of 'that' wind, how come?

Cale's eyes eyebrows crunched, he couldn't answer nor ask as he tried to swim back up. He couldn't hear Abby in this terrible situation.

- Its very strange... That power isn't supposed to exist in this world. What are you? Why do you have 11 Ancient Powers Inside that weak human body? You really interest me.

'If I do then help me!' Cale thought to himself as he desperately swim with one hand as he tried his best to clutch the jar with the other.

- You have a scent of a dragon. Are you a tamer? Doesn't look like it. Are you perhaps

'Just a little more...!'

Cale felt his feet go numb. 'Oh well. Fuck.'

He felt his eyes shut down as his strength leave his body.

SWISHH!

His body was suddenly dragged by the strong current of the what used to be a calm pond.

- Take that as a thanks for freeing my soul.

"Cough! Cough! W-cough! What..?" He found himself back to the solid ground of the cave. He crawled then tried catch his breath.

"Haaa... Give me a break..."
He laid there for a few more seconds before sitting up. It was never really easy to try and acquire these powers. He glanced at the clear jar, the purple water was dancing. He grabbed it and slowly opened the lid.

The purple substance that he thought to be water, rised in the air and playfully danced.

- It's strange how you already have a similar power of mine inside you.

Cale frowned at the thief. "All of you really are crazy bastards."

- I never stole a God's item by the way, I just said that because the Gods thought so. I just wanted something from the temple and I was caught, how terrible it was...

The purple smoke swirled around his hand.

- Interesting human, be free.

The sound of the wind, a person with the quickest feet and strong wind powers.

He just sighed at the Thief's final words.

SWOOOSHHH-

"AARRGGGGHH!" The red haired rolled on the dirty floor as he felt his heart ache. He started patting his chest with his left hand and bubbles emerged from his mouth that was forcefully opened due to the unbearable pain. There was a flash of light and the pain slowly disappeared

"W-what the hell..." he panted. His quivering lips exhaled white puffs of smoke.

- Hmm, it's supposed to be 12 by now, but how come we're still 11?

"What?" Cale clenched the end of his shirt and cape to dry it.

- You... You don't belong in this world.