Chapter 22

"Count Deruth, you have a visitor." Butler Hans knocked and bowed at the stressed Count Deruth. He doesn't have the energy to do anything after the decisions have been made.

"I'm tired, just go back tomorrow," he sighed as he drank his brewed coffee. Hans closed the door quietly.

Deruth tried to talk to the King but as the crown prince said, Cale Henituse is a big threat to them. He can destroy the whole kingdom if he wants to. He considered it as an exaggeration but the King's serious face made him wonder what he saw.

"I can't find the right words, it was overwhelming Deruth. He looked like he could kill someone with just his eyes. His powers are too strong, we can't afford to shrug it off even if he did saved us from the planned assassination." The King's words made Deruth confused. Sure, Cale doesn't listen to anyone and does whatever he wants but for the king to think that Cale could destroy Roan kingdom? It felt like an exaggeration. But Deruth couldn't help but think that he really doesn't know his son well. He really doesn't.

"Forgive me Count Deruth, but it's Ron Molan, he says it's about young master Cale." Hans said and Deruth's thoughts disappeared. He stumbled as he stood up from his chair.

"O-oh, let him in then," few seconds later the smiling Ron faced the distressed Deruth.

"I would like to pass the Princess's thanks for letting us in your roof for a while, my Lord." Ron bowed flashing a benign smile. Deruth shivered knowing the old man's background. He was the butler his wife hired for Cale a year before she died. Despite knowing his background she trusted him to protect Cale and he did so.

But that trust was shattered when he suddenly disappeared with the black haired mercenary who had beaten up his son. Deruth can't do anything now that the punk was the Princess's knight.

"It's my pleasure," there was a trace of bitterness in his voice as he spoke. He sat down and went to business immediately.
"So, what is it? Do you know anything?"

Ron raised his head. "The Princess ordered me to help in the search of young master Cale."

Deruth rubbed his chin. "I'm guessing you want me to provide you magic stones?"

Ron nodded. "I heard that you and the family heads used magic stones to teleport here as soon as the king informed you the news. I would like to arrive to the Forest of Darkness before the king's soldiers do."

"You're very shameless, aren't you?" Deruth's eyes twitched. Ron now was under Rosalyn. Everyone knows how hungry for magic that princess is. And now that a dragon appears to be following a human, the greed of the princess increases.

"Only the Princess can help young master clear his name, my Lord." Ron was telling the truth. Deruth knows very well how powerful the Princess's words are. They could easily forge evidence of the connection of the terror attack to him.

"..."

"..."

There was a moment of silence. Deruth started tapping his foot thinking if he should say it or not. He looked at Ron and it smiled at him.

"They're the one, right?"

"What do you mean, my Lord?" Ron's eyes became sharp.

Deruth just looked at him casually. "The one who killed your wife and daughter-"

Ron's dagger flew but Deruth caught it with his bare fist. The old man's lips twitched.

Deruth smirked.

"How did you know about that? I never mentioned my daughter." Ron was glaring at the count.

Ron's wife and daughter, the twin of Beacrox was killed Infront of them with the organization called Arm. The people responsible for the bombing wore the same attire as the people who killed his family.

Deruth grabbed a napkin and wiped the blood on his hand. The throw wasn't that hard but he had barely caught it. If he didn't, he would have lost his left eye.

"There's nothing I wouldn't know if it's for my son's safety."

Ron laughed. "Oh really? You're just saying that because he went missing for a year after the countess died and when he returned you already had a new family."

Deruth snapped. He grabbed the dagger and jumped onto the old man.

CLASH-

The two daggers made contact. Deruth's hand shake in anger as he glare at the old man who is just smiling at him.

"Don't ever talk about that, you're the reason he went missing. If you didn't left to chase after that damn arm again..."

Ron scoffed and pushed Deruth and threw two daggers, Deruth avoided it but as he opened his eyes, Ron's dagger was already pointing at his throat. The tip touched his skin and Deruth felt the burning sensation.

The door opened, Hans saw the Count on leaning on the wall traped by the old man, the frantic Hans ran and pointed his sword at Ron's back.

"Drop your dagger sir Ron."

"We're just playing, Hans."

"You attacked me too earlier, I can't let it pass this time." When Hans refused Ron he pointed a dagger at him. Hans wouldn't win since he specialized in martial arts and Ron is a skilled assassin.

"It's fine Hans, we're just talking." Deruth pushed off the old man. They both dropped their daggers.

Hans left and Deruth covered his neck with a handkerchief before talking again.

"What will you do after you find Cale?"

Ron flashed his benign smile again, it irritated Deruth. "I believe Princess Rosalyn will ask the dragon to teach her magic and for Cale to guard his brother."

Deruth knew it was a lie. She's just going to use Cale for the dragon to follow obediently and abuse Cale's powers for her own benefits. The worse case scenario is her declaring war to another kingdom across the continent.

He glared at Ron. "You better not touch my son or I'll have the Arm know your location and have them hunt you down and kill your son Infront of you."

Ron just smiled. "I'll be the one hunting them, my Lord."

Deruth frowned and threw a small bag containing magic stones at Ron.

"I hope you die, you old bastard."