Chapter 27

"NOOO! THAT'S NOT HOW YOU EAT STEAK!" Raon's loud cry echoed inside the glass castle followed by loud crashes.

A white haired man slammed the door open with the most confused face ever.

"Uhm..." The silver haired cat, On, stared at Eruhaben thinking of the right words to use as she look back and forth at her two dongsaeng Raon and Hong. The two was on top of the table with a piece of meat on their mouth. Their fangs pulling each one end.

Eruhaben's white eyebrows were touching each other as he look at the mess the children had made. Plates were shattered on the floor and the new set of chairs he got was broken, again.

"What's the problem this time?" He asked as the broken plates and chairs disappeared in a blink of an eye. Hong let go of the end of the meat and Raon happily ate it.

"I was just telling him to eat the meat piece by piece because he's going to have indigestion!" Hong said and pointed at the dragon licking a plate.

"Human said it was fine before!" Raon defended himself as he stuff a piece of sausage inside his mouth.

'How the hell did that unlucky child managed to survive with this kids?' Eruhaben sighed in defeat.

**

It has been a five days since Eruhaben teleported the four to his mansion and ever since that day, there wasn't a moment of silence for him. They either fight on who's going to look for Cale, what to eat or who Cale loves the most. Sometimes he finds the three crying silently while laying around the still yet to wake up Cale.

He hasn't shown signs recovery the past few days. His body was still strangely cold  and his temperature never increased. It would drop by two if without Eruhaben's magic even for just a minute.

He doesn't know why these things are happening. Why the person he wished to see but also hated to see is Infront of him right now in the most worse condition a human could possibly be in. He never looked for the red haired after he took his memory of him. It was the risk he had to endure for being selfish.

"We should have never met in the first place," Eruhaben whispered as he touch the red haired's forehead. It was cold.

The dragon felt his heart clench. He had sacrificed a lot for the red haired. Even tho it almost killed him he kept pushing forward just for him to be safe. He touched his chest, the scar of spear was still in there.

After Eruhaben took the child's memory he immediately teleported back to fight the hundred of those bastards who have been chasing him.

Eruhaben managed to teleport his mansion to a different place but it cost the life of one of the dragon's he's taking care of.

The blonde bastard managed to take it and damage Eruhaben's mansion. The things that took him years to build was just destroyed in a day. That droved him into despair. The dragon's pride was everything, that's the thing they protected the most. But he abandoned his dragon pride.

He was scared that they might know about Cale. He was scared of losing someone who he finally cherish. It drove him insane to the point he lost his will to live.

He was planning to kill himself by mana explosion the night he saw the crying dragon and Cale with two cats. He never wished for the day that the person he wants to avoid, he took care of was going to die Infront of him.

He knew he was going to regret it, but he took shelter the four of them anyway.

"It's fine right?" Eruhaben whispered as he swallowed the tears that are waiting to fall off his golden eyes.

He doesn't know if he even deserves to be  called Dad.

After he ran away, he read Cale's memory like his favorite book. He saw how many times Cale wanted to call him Dad but decided against it since he is a great dragon and the child is just a human. He wanted to hear it from the red haired's mouth. But now it's just a dream that will never come true.

"Goldie gramps, are you crying?" A flying black dragon opened the door. There was a piece of apple pie on his mouth as he approached the white haired man.

Eruhaben frowned at the nickname. 'You smell older than me.' The white dragon doesn't know but the tiny black dragon is emitting a energy that's seemed to be older than a eternity. But he shrugged it off knowing it's impossible. He was the oldest dragon in the continent.

"What's up? Are you done fighting?" Eruhaben tapped his lap and the black dragon landed there and curled into a ball. He scratched it's head and Raon closed his eyes.

"Hong is eating your poisonous plants again gramps," Roan pouted.

"Oho, good for him." They sat there in silence for a moment, just watching Cale as if they're looking at a expensive painting.

Cale's red hair was in a mess and his skin was pale, if it weren't for Eruhaben's magic he would be probably a freezing corpse now.

"Unlucky bastard..." Eruhaben whispered as he fixed Cale's hair when cold hands shoot up and grabbed his wrist.

Two soft brown eyes stare at him.

"Rok Soo... Who are you?"

**

Cale was staring at his father and two unfamiliar people. There was a woman holding a child's hand about his age. Earlier he was just...

He woke up in the village where his mother died. He was lying on the muddy ground and the rain was falling lightly like the day he found his mother dead.

He was confused, the only thing he remembered was going to the Forest of Darkness to find the rumored strong man to help him get stronger so his father won't have to worry about him.

Then after that... "I can't remember," Cale groaned as he felt a light head ache. He stood and went back to his house.

The full moon was shining brightly above him. "It wasn't full moon when I left," Cale muttered to himself. It was strange. "Why did I want to get stronger?" He asked himself then his heart started to ache. Tears fell down his eyes as he remembered the king's words. You have to be strong and behave.

"Mommy?"

The red haired ran. He doesn't know where he was going, his foot just ran on its own. He was crying but he doesn't know why. Why does he think of his mother? Why does his heart ache?

His foot stopped behind the Henituse mansion. It was where the bodies of their ancestors were buried.

'Jour Henituse' was written in a fancy lettering on one of the box buried.

'In a loving memory of
Countess Jour Henituse
May the Gods bless your soul.'

Right. He finally remembered. He needs to be stronger because her mother died. The only one his father have is him. He wants his father to be happy.

"What..?"

Beside his mother's grave, he found his own name.

'In a loving memory of
Young Master Cale Henituse
You died young but Gods will guide your pure soul.'

He was recorded to be dead. He felt his breath hitch. He doesn't understand anything. He was just gone for a few hours. He grabbed his hair as he felt his head breaking apart.

"Cale, wake up. You can't die right now. The mission!"

The familiar male voice he heard before rang inside his head. He looked behind him and saw darkness the he felt his body fall.

He opened his eyes and two golden eyes stare back at him.