Chapter 7

Cale carried the tiny dragon in his arms. He had him wrapped with his now bloody cape. The dragon could have used magic to keep them both warm but he wanted to be spoiled, and Cale ignored it like he didn't knew and just let the dragon be.

They arrived at the inn stealthily, Cale glanced at the resting dragon in his arm remembering what it had told him as it finished crying earlier.

"I do not want to be tamed, but human, you're extremely weak! So I decided to protect you, as a payment for helping me," the black dragon said with his blue orbs shining brightly. "I absolutely do not like owning favors."

"Hey, can you cast a flight magic? I'm tired I can't climb up to the wall while carrying you." Cale whispered as quiet as possible. Cale did not want the dragon to use his magic again. He saw how much mana it had consumed  I'm order to destroy the cave along with the evidence, and up until this moment, he is still using his magic to keep the two of them invincible. But honestly, for the dragon it was nothing, he was very strong.

The dragon's blue orbs fluttered open and Cale felt his feet leave the ground and smiled. He was floating while invincible. The black dragon stare again at the smiling human. It wasn't a big smile, but he saw his brown orbs glitter in the darkness.

They landed on the wooden floor softly and quietly. He placed the still wrapped with his cape dragon on the bed before proceeding straight ahead to the bathroom. The dragon and waited for the human while looking around at his surrounding. His paws sank on the soft fabric of the bed as he walk around in circles. Cale returned with the sleeves of his fancy shirt rolled up to his elbow and his dirty suit dangling on his left arm.

- Human, do you live here? What is this thing I'm stepping on? And why is your cape so warm?

The dragon spoke to Cale telepathically which surprised him but Cale didn't showed it. The black dragon was smart enough to be aware by the fact that other people might hear him.

"No I don't, I'll be heading to Roan Kingdom tomorrow to take care of some personal matters."

- Roan Kingdom?

"Yes. Now let me give you a bath. I have to wash my cape suit and cape too oh-"

There was a small blue light surrounding Cale's clothes for a moment, then the next thing he saw was his clothes fresh and clean as if he had never ridden a horse at a fast speed and killed people earlier.

"Ho..." Cale looked at the dragon clearly amused. Magic is indeed very convenient, huh.

"You can't clean yourself?" Cale approached the bed and took his cape to place it on the table with his suit and closing the window.

- N-no, human can wash me!

It was a lie. Cale know it.

He washed the tiny dragon on the tub and the water immediately turned into a shade of almost-red brown tint from all the blood and dirt he had on his small body, and dried himself with magic before sleeping on the bed while Cale stayed up studying runes like what Glutton and Abby had promised him. The dragon insisted on staying up too but Cale won their little argument.

"How old are you?"

- I am four years old this year!

"You're a kid. And kid's are meant to be in bed at this hour. Now go sleep, I'll rest once I'm done with what I'm doing."

Loud voices echoed at the entrance of the inn followed by a sound of a glass hitting the hard ground. Cale's head shoot up from his arms. He had fallen asleep on his chair while studying. 'Aigoo, my back.'

"S-sir you can't just enter the rooms-" The old man's loud voice echoed outside making Cale stand up from his seat. He grabbed the peacefully sleeping dragon to wake it up.

- Human, I can feel a strong aura!

"Use invincibility," Cale whispered and their body and things disappeared in a blink. Cale held his breath as 3 men entered the room wearing the similar attire the guards he had attacked had. Based from their psychic, they're the bastard's personal soldiers. They are moving faster than what Cale had thought. He observe the men look around the surrounding carefully looking for anything suspicious.

However, they found none.

One of them stood suddenly stood Infront of Cale making him flinch.

- Should I kill them?

Cale frowned at the idea of the invincible dragon in his arms, shock his head in response. It'll be more troublesome if they get involved right now when they don't need to.

- I've never seen any of them but I definitely can smell that guy's smell on them and he's strong. But not as strong as me!

'Ho, the dragon acknowledged their strength but they never saw them around the Stan bastard all this year.'

The man stepped more closer to Cale, he held his breath and glared directly at the soldier's eyes. The man's face turned slowly into a calculating look. He extended his hand to touch something behind Cale, and Cale barely dodged it. He gulped as and didn't dare move. He was trapped in the guard's arm and if he move even a little, he and the dragon would be in a lot of work. Cale couldn't risk the old man's safety too.

"This is a pretty dream catcher," the man said glancing at the old man. He caressed the smooth purple feathers of it. "How much is it?" Thankfully, he took back his arm and Cale slowly let out the breath he didn't knew he was holding.

"I'm not selling it sir I am sorry." Bob replied looking at the ground while bowing politely. He was nervous.

"Hmm, is that so," other men said as he came back from checking the bathroom. "We've found nothing suspicious. We will go now. I apologize again for the sudden inspection, may you have a great day, old man." The other man who was checking under the bed stood up back to his feet.

They left and Cale watched them leave from the window when suddenly the man who had touched the dream catcher earlier glanced at their direction with a confused expression.

Cale didn't liked that look.