Chapter 36

- Cale Henituse, what is truly your goal?

The red haired listened to Abby's firm voice as he watch the children train from afar. It was a peaceful sight despite the fact that one is holding a sword, the other is eating poisonous plants and the tiny dragon is manifesting tiny lightnings without moving.

Cale didn't spoke for a moment. He wasn't sure either.

"... My family, they could be in danger because of me." He stood up and shifted his weight on his left foot and smiled at On.
The cat who is in her human form bowed and clumsily held the wooden sword.

- What makes you think so?

The Ice Ancient Power asked in a confused tone.

'Was I overthinking?'

Cale answered Abby with a hollow laugh. The uneasiness in his heart is eating him up inside, and it isn't going away, like a stubborn scar.

"I've never felt this much happiness... I need to catch those bastards to make sure they won't harm my family. They already wounded Basen, and the vision of Hong dying..." Cale's voice was full of despair as those horrible memories played back on his mind. He won't be able to forgive himself if the people he cared for ended up being hurt because of him.

- Stop blaming yourself, sob, you're making me feel terrible!

The Indestructible Shield wined inside his mind. Cale slightly scoffed at his Ancient Power, he found it funny that he agreed to them.

He's blaming himself, again.

Just like how he blamed himself when his father cried and asked him what happened after he returned after a year like they had said. He couldn't answer as he doesn't remember any single thing. He was sure that he had only fainted on his way to the Forest of Darkness.

"I-i woke up and I was on Harris Village," he lied. Cale knew that if he said that he was planning to go to the Forbidden Forest, his father would be worried. He doesn't want that.

His father has a new family now.

Cale was jealous of how his step brother could easily talk to the Count, how easy it was for him to express his love and gratitude.

Cale already accepted it when he saw his father's eyes sparkle whenever he looks at Basen and Countess Violan. He doesn't belong there anymore.

"I'm not really," he sighed and admired the view below.

- Cale, about your other Ancient Powers...

His expression stiffened at the mention of his unknown Ancient Powers. Cale had never thought about them considering how his body could explode at any moment.

"What about it?" he asked as he sat down and Abby continued.

- I know someone who could help you learn more about them.

Cale's heart skipped a beat for some unknown reason, it wasn't excitement nor anxiousness.

- You currently possess her as I can feel a faint of her powers, but her soul isn't free yet. The Gods who punished her sealed her soul in a place that is impossible for a normal human to reach.

Cale's face turned into a scorn. A God had punished her. "Why did they punished her? Was that too serious that even the Gods handled it?" Abby laughed lightly.

- She stole a Devine Item. It's still a wonder how I can feel her in you when it's the God's who had sealed her, hmmm.

'Great. A thief.'