Chapter 9

"I would like a room, and bring foods I ordered there." Cale had the hood of his cape covering his eyes. The woman at the counter stared at him, then to the cats on his arms. 'He ordered this much just for him and 2 cats!?'

Cale placed 2 gold coins at the lady's eyes widen.

"Don't disturb me, alright." Cale went to the room the lady gave him and silently closed the door.

- Meawwww~
- Meaww~

He hesitated. "I know you're from the cat tribe so talk to me using human words." The silver cat immediately went Infront of the red cat and started to bare it's teeth at Cale. He pulled the hood of his Cape down and sat on a chair.

"How did you know!" A child female voice came out of its mouth.

"N-noona-" Then a cute voice of a young boy came out of the red cat.

"Don't worry I don't have any plans to take you or whatsoever. You approached me for food, then I'm going to give you food. That's it." Cale said as he rest his chin on his hand observing the two cats look at each other as if communicating telepathically.

The red one looked at him, fear visible in his eyes. "You promise...?"

Kids will be kids. Cale rolled his eyes. "Yeah sure, I promise."

- Human! Can I reveal myself?

"You," the silver one stepped forward looking at little calmer. What is it now. Cale lazily looked at the cat. "You're not human, aren't you? You smell...strange..."

Cale scoffed. "Do I stink? I'm always clean you know." The dragon would use it's magic on Cale everytime he gets his clothes splattered with mud.

- THEY MUST'VE SMELLED US AND THE DRAGON!
- Thier nose are sharp.

Cale groaned at the sudden news. He hates doing useless things but he had no choice now. "Hey, you can reveal yourself now." As he said that, the black dragon immediately appeared beside Cale and landed on the ground.

"Hello I'm a 4 year old dragon!" He said in a cheerful tone. The tiny dragon is clearly excited to meet other creatures than humans after being locked up in that cage since it hatched from it's egg.

Both cats gasped. They looked at the human then to the black tiny dragon approaching them.

"Noona, a dragon!"

Cale frowned at the red cat's loud voice.
However, the dragon was thinking in advance already and used his magic after they entered the room. The human was not mage for him to sense the man's flow surrounding them.

"Don't worry, I casted a soundproof spell!" The dragon said then flew around Cale's head then back on the 2 cats again.

"I'm On, I'm 10 and this is my brother Hong, he's 7," the silver cat introduced themselves still in shock from seeing a dragon for the first time. And its talking to them.

They look innocent, however Cale was still wary and suspicious of the existence he had never heard of.

"So, how did you end up here? I never heard of-"

Knock! knock!

A soft knock interrupted Cale, the black dragon immediately turned invincible and the 2 cats unconsciously stood beside Cale.

"Anyway, I'm Cale," he set down his fork as he watch the 3 kids eat the food leaving food crumps on their cheeks. Cale frowned and wiped the sauce of the sausage off the dragon's mouth with a towel.

The 2 cats, On and Hong confessed that they are the successors of the Fog cat tribe and escaped their elders. They didn't revealed the reason for their actions, and Cale didn't asked. The reason must've been serious enough for 2 children averaging 9 years old to cross the continent by themselves.

On uses fog when his little brother Hong uses poison he consumes. They would mix their powers together whenever they meet trouble and to survive alone.

"So, do you have human forms?"

"Of course! Wanna see?" Hong said and didn't waited for Cale's answer and immediately transformed into it's human form. On looked like she doesn't want to but followed Hong. They're both wearing a baggy and tattered clothes. Hong's hair were red but not as read as Cale, when the sister, On has silver hair. Cale's eyes landed on Hong's left foot.

"A black haired mercenary jumped down the wall and almost hit us but he switched his body. He's more injured than us and he gave us food too." The silver haired explained the source of his brother's injury.

"So you followed him? Where did you injured yourself anyway?"

"At the Henituse territory!" Hong said trying to take a sausage from the black dragon but the dragon gently slapped his hand away. "Mine."

Cale gave his sausages to the dragon so the cat could have some and the dragon gladly accepted it.

"I see. I am guessing you lost your way?"

"Yes we were following them from afar but when we woke up they were already gone. We couldn't chase after them because I don't want to tire my brother." On said as she stuffed the piece of meat inside her mouth.

Cale somehow thought of the black haired punk.

"You guys, stay here. I'm going to buy something out for a while. If anyone knocks turn them invincible too, dragon." Cale stood up from his seat and gave his untouched stake to the silver haired girl. The meat tastes bad for him as he had always eaten best quality meat back at their mansion.

"Human, where are you going?" The black dragon asked mouth full of sausage.

"Just going to buy some things for us. We'll be leaving after I get what I need tonight and head to Roan Kingdom. You two, go take a bath before you leave." The 3 children faced Cale's back and it disappeared as he closed the door shut with the soft 'thud'.

"Hey dragon, dont you have a name? Cale kept on calling you dragon. Is that perhaps your name?" On asked cutting the meat with the knife.

"No, I- I don't have a name.". The dragon avoided the look of the 2 kids Infront of him.

"Why? Didn't he tamed you?" Hong asked mouthful of egg.

"No, he did not. He just saved me and I followed him. Human is weak, I must protect him." The black dragons eyes shook as he remembered the red haired human's eyes shining brighter than the moon when he saved him from that hell.

"Why not ask for a name?" On suggested as she chug down the water.

"Would it be alright?" The dragon asked. The 2 cats in human form nodded their heads at the dragon confirming that it is certainly fine.

A name. Identity. The dragon looked at the orange sun setting on the window.

- You can't keep calling the dragon, as a 'dragon', why don't you give the kid a name?

Abby said as Cale look at the children clothes making sure if it's the right size. He can't just leave 2 homeless kids wearing those old baggy clothes.

"He didn't asked me for a name."

A name for a dragon, huh. Contradicting Cale's words, he started to think of a suitable name for the dragon as he brought what he needed.