Chapter 6

"Let's  destroy this place, shall we?" Cale said and softly smiled as the dragon glare at him.

Cale picked him up carefully and the reek of blood greeted him. The big shiny blue orbs looked at him in curiosity.

The dragon was curious as he met the kind brown orbs staring back at him. He felt people fighting outside but didn't bother to move. He was very hopeless that he would gladly embrace death just to escape this hell. But as he listen at the man's soft heart beat, he felt safe, for the first time.

The man's hands were freezing cold but the rest of his body were strangely giving a comfortable warmth. If this was death, it's not so bad at all, the dragon thought.

Cale softly embraced the tiny dragon in his frail arms, trying his best to keep it warm and approached the mage's dead body. He found a recovery potion inside the mage's pocket, he took it and the giant scissors laying on the floor.

Cale then destroyed the wall Infront of him with his ice. He hugged the dragon more tightly to make sure he won't drop it. He was already exhausted from using the ice too many times today when he just acquired it yesterday.

The cold breeze fanned Cale's face, his hood slowly falling off revealing his fiery red hair to the dragon. The moon was shining brightly behind him with the thousand of stars twinkling in different colors. The tiny dragon's blue eyes stare at the beautiful scenery. He had never seen what's outside his whole life, for he had spent his life inside the cage with nothing but suffering and pain.

"It's pretty..." The tiny dragon unconsciously whispered.

Cale looked at the tiny dragon and smiled, "This world is for you to explore. You're free now, dragon." He set down the dragon  and pointed the giant metal scissors at the dragon. The tiny dragon's eyes shake. 'This death isn't so bad...'

A relieving feeling crept on the dragon's neck followed by a soft sizzling sound and crumbling of the grass. He fluttered his wet eyes opened to see the shackle on his neck that stopped him from using his powers on the floor, broken.

"You have too many scars," Cale said and softly lifted the dragon's chin. A series of traumatizing events flooded the dragon's eyes making him flinch and close his eyes firmly—he remember everything, how humans point a knife at him and how he cried for help, but instead of the pain he was waiting for, he rather felt better. The tiny dragon slowly opened his eyes. His wounds glowed and disappear like magic. He stared at the red haired human Infront of him thinking what it wants from him.

"What are you staring at so visously? You're free now. You're a mighty dragon, you shouldn't be locked up in there."

The tiny dragon glared at the human. Liar! All humans are liars!

"You're lying!" dragon growled at Cale.

"True, I'm a pretty good liar myself. So what's your plan now?" Cale asked running his hand thru his messy hair.

The dragon just stare at him. "I-" it looked the human Infront of him. The dragon could easily kill Cale if he want to. They're both aware of that fact. "I'll live freely and leave this place. I don't want to be tamed."

Cale smiled and stood up from his crouching position. His job here was now done. He saved many lives and those people are not even aware of it. "Sure, do that."

"Stop lying! Humans always lie! They said they wouldn't hurt me!" The dragon cried and glared at the red haired human Infront of him. "But they did..." His voice cracked and tears started to trace it's way down his cheeks followed by uncontrollable hiccups leaving the dragon's mouth as he let out all the frustration and pain he was feeling. It hurts so bad, the dragon was in so much pain, physically and mentally. He always thought death would always be the answer. He was just waiting for it every single day, he was very hopeless.

Cale stared at the giant blue orbs as it reflect his figure. Those pretty blue orbs are full of sadness and desperation. He suddenly remembered how he and his father's relationship grew apart—to the point that there's no other solution than cutting the string that is connecting the two of them.

Cale kneeled on the green sand and stared the sobbing dragon then reached out his hand to pat it's hard round head. The dragon stepped forward trying to feel more of the human's touch. Cale lifted him up slowly and gave it a hug, his fragile arms were shaking from overworking himself. The dragon burst into more tears as it felt the human's comfortable warmth and buried his face into the human's chest.

"I'm a liar too like any other humans, but you should live the way you want to, and try to find your reason to live. You're still young..." Cale softly said the planted a kiss on the dragon's head.

For the first time, the dragon understood the word 'home'.