9: Young Master

"Milk... Eggs... Cream Cheese... Tofu," he slightly scrunches his nose. "...Mint Chocolate Ice Cream?!" The blond-haired turns to look at the older dramatically. "Who in their right mind eats mint chocolate?!"

Jake chuckles when he looks at the younger's disgusted expression, he properly stands up from bending over, "Our young master does. He loves mint chocolate. Don't you dare make a similar remark in front of him or you'll be on the streets," he giggles, walking over to the cart to place a bag of carrots there.

"Of course, it's that asshole..." the boy mumbles with an eye roll.

"Okay! Let's go to the meat section now."

~

"Won, come on, you can't be serious," the boy mutters to himself as he tries calling his best friend again, walking downstairs and to the kitchen. He furrows his eyebrows when the call isn't answered for the nth time.

"Oh, young master, is there anything you want?" Mrs. Nishimura asks politely as she walks into the kitchen.

"I was just gonna get a glass of water," he explains as he takes a seat at the bar, his eyes glued on his phone.

"Okay, I'll get it for you!"

He looks back up at the statement, about to retort but the older was already grabbing a glass from the cabinets making him stay silent. Soon enough there was a cup placed in front of him with a quick, "Here you go!"

He watches as the woman turns to work on lunch, her back facing him as he begins to think.

He wouldn't say it out loud, but at the moment he felt envious of the "necklace boy". He only had one parent as well but the two were noticeably different. His father was completely cold and he paid no attention to his son for reasons that even he didn't know of. Maybe it's because he wanted to protect their fashion company as it was the only thing that he has from his wife- of course, after their son but it seems as the older didn't see that, that left no space in paying attention to a child. Mrs. Nishimura... you can tell how caring she is at the first glance. How she gave the glass of water to him when he didn't ask for it. Okay, maybe she thought it was her duty but that smile on her face showed how sincere her actions were.

He sighs as he moves his eyes elsewhere, staring nowhere in particular.

His birthday was coming soon. June 24th. He expects the same old shit like every single year; the meaningless gifts, the boring theme, the countless guests he hadn't even heard of before. The only thing or person that made that day a little special was his best friend and now he said that they wouldn't talk if he didn't give the necklace back.

He intended of doing so but how? Simply saying, "Here." Would that be fine? The blond male would start to question him.

"Mrs. Nishimura," he calls out.

She gives him a warm smile, "Yes?"

"I... have a doubt. Could I ask you?" He asks nervously. She nods in response with a confused smile. "There's this scenario...let's say...I take something from someone else after that someone ruined something of mine. The thing that I took was precious to that someone and now I want to give it back. My... pride is too high for me to simply give it back now because I had told that other person that they needed to pay for what they damaged and then I would give that thing back. What should I do? How should I give it back?"

The female puts on a thinking face, looking up, "Anonymously?" She looks back down, making eye contact with the male. "You could give it back not putting it directly in their hands yourself but you could maybe leave it at their front door or something similar, with a note of some sort. If you really want to give it back but your pride doesn't allow you to face the person, then maybe this is the best way. But you should still talk to that person again and apologize for taking something precious to them," she explains.

Sunoo's eyes brighten up slightly, "Thanks, Mrs. Nishimura!" He gets out of his seat and slightly bows before rushing to his room.

~

"Why does this dude eat so much mint chocolate stuff?" Riki wonders out loud grimacing as he looks into one of the bags in his hand.

Jake shrugs, "Beats me." He looks at the younger, "Every time you talk about the young master this sort of... hatred? Takes over your expressions. Mind sharing why?" He asks curiously.

The younger glances at the boy nervously, "Something happened when we were in Japan," he shrugs, "Kinda made me despise him already."

Jake hums, "He isn't as bad as he seems, trust me. Even if I've only been working there for a couple of months, I can tell that he isn't a bad person. It's just his... surroundings that made him like that."

Riki raises an eyebrow, "His surroundings?"

"Yes, haven't you seen how little attention Mr. Kim shows him? When he's not out with Jungwon-ssi, he's in his room or in the library because he doesn't want to slack off and get scolded because that's honestly the only interaction I've seen between them besides when they have dinner together. Even then, they don't even look at each other, and just when he wants to say a word, Mr. Kim's phone rings or he remembers something that he has to do at the company." He pauses. "It's frustrating really, seeing all that."

Riki was a little stunned, of course, he had noticed that the two didn't really talk but now that had he had been told all that he felt a little bad. Maybe all the boy wanted was attention... or he really was simply an asshole.

"All I'm saying is that maybe it's best if you give him a chance," Jake shrugs as he pushes the door open.