41: Arms around him

The two were sitting on their beds, in front of each other as they fiddled around. Sunoo had his face looking at the black TV, biting his lip lightly while Ni-Ki was looking down at his lap, his fingers intertwined. 

"We... should start talking if we wanna be finished before lunch," Sunoo finally spoke after clearing his throat, and turning his head. With a sigh, he took the initiative, "I like you, Riki, and that's how I feel," he paused. "I'm sorry for kissing you that day when I shouldn't have and I'm sorry for avoiding you for the last couple of days. I made a mistake by kissing you. I had a plan, one that I intended to follow but I let the desire get to me and I was disappointed in myself," he explained with determined eyes which pierced right through his.

"So, you didn't regret it?" Riki asks, tilting his head slightly, his hands separating, and his body relaxing.

"Of course not. I was the one that initiated the kiss. Why would I regret it?" He answers honestly, a certain gleam in his eyes.

"I- I just thought you did by the way you looked," the younger shrugged slightly, turning his face back down. "I like you, too," he says after a moment of silence. "I don't even know why or how it happened, you were an asshole, after all. But maybe that's why. Because I saw that's not all you are." He carefully looks back up, catching sight of a smiling Sunoo.

"I started to like you a few weeks ago. You're someone that seemed to be more curious about the real me rather than what I let show and when you gave me my birthday present, I knew that you were not just a kid from Japan moving with his mom after getting a job in Korea," he states, his smile not faltering and the fondness in his eyes growing as he looked at the Japanese boy. "You're an amazing person, someone that I want to get to know better. Someone that I already care about and someone that makes me feel safe and I want to keep safe." He pauses for a second. "I like you, Riki."

Without thinking, the younger stood up and planted his lips onto the other's for a quick peck before sitting back down, this time next to the other. There was a cheeky, mischievous grin painted on his lips when they pulled apart and after getting out of shock, Sunoo found himself genuinely smiling back at him. "I like you too, Sunoo-Hyung."

----

When they arrive at the hotel cafeteria, everyone (which includes teams from other studios) was already sitting down and having their lunch. The two boys glance at each other with sparkling eyes before they separate ways, going to their respective friends who were plenty of tables away from each other.

"Well, you seem to be better," Jay says as soon as Ni-Ki sits down, pushing a plate full of food in front of him. "We got you some food before it ran out, get eating."

"Thanks, Hyungs," he says, a wide smile on his face. "And thank you for asking, I am indeed better," he tells them, picking up his chopsticks before shoving some food into his mouth.

"I'm guessing you guys finally talked?" Sunghoon questions with a raised eyebrow and a small smile tugged onto his lips. 

He nods, "We confessed how we feel and we're talking now," he answers sheepishly yet proud. "We're taking things slow and he promised to take me on a date as soon as we're back home," he says calmly though his eyes gave his real feeling away. They were full of excitement yet some fear as well but above all that, happiness. 

"We're glad, Riki-san," Jay tells him dryly, looking down at his food. "As much as I still don't agree with it, make yourself happy," he raises his head up, giving him a small, genuine smile.

The rest of the day went on steady. They went to the practice room as soon as it was time and they all found themselves in awe of how big and advanced the room was. Thankfully, there was enough space for each performance group to get their own space there. Sunoo and Ni-Ki kept throwing very subtle glances at each other which their best friends caught. Fortunately, the others were still completely oblivious of what was going on. 

By the time five hit, everyone was extremely tired, ready to go to their hotel room and sleep for an eternity. However, all of them rather went back to the hotel and to the cafeteria where they met Heeseung who had left around 30 minutes prior due to the competition plans. They had some conversations and laughs which made them forget about their tiredness. 

At 7, everyone was sent back to their room in order to get a good rest for the next day's competition. "Good night, Hyungs," Ni-Ki slurs, rubbing his eye with a fist. Even if he had slept earlier, he had used up all of his energy in practicing and the conversations that were hell during dinner.

"Night, Riki. Make sure to wash up before sleeping," Jay says, stepping into his room after receiving a tired nod from the younger.

The Japanese boy then made his way down the hallway, pulled out his card key, and scanned it. He turned the handle and stepped inside, jumping in surprise when he saw the silver head on his corresponding bed. "H- how are you here?" He questions in genuine confusion. "We left at the same time. I thought you and Jungwon-Hyung were behind us."

Sunoo smiles, "You were too sleepy to notice us passing by you," he responds. Riki makes an 'ah' with his mouth in understanding before yawning a little. "Will you shower right now or in the morning?"

"Morning," he mumbles despite his friends' words. Instead, he made his way to his suitcase and took his pajama out, quickly changing into them before jumping onto his bed. "Are you sleeping now, Hyung?" He asks the other who was still sitting on his bed, momentarily opening his eyes to look at him.

"I am," he answers with a nod, a small smile tugged onto his lips. He stands up and does the same as the younger had done while the said boy closes his eyes in drowsiness. 

The lights flickered off and suddenly there was a weight on the other side of the bed making the boy widen his eyes. "Is this uncomfortable to you?" The older whispers behind him, sending shivers down his spine. He shakes his head. "Is it alright if I stay?" The young Japanese boy was sure that his cheeks were tomato red. Regardless, he closed his eyes as he relaxed, nodding his head in confirmation. An arm found its way around his waist, pulling him closer. Instead of feeling nervous, he found himself smiling and feeling safe, butterflies erupting in his stomach. And only because of the boy whose arms were now wrapped around him.