13: June 24: Happiness

Tables organized neatly in one half of the room, neat white table cloths covering them, and beautiful, elegant table centerpieces on each table. An orchestra playing on the left side of the stage, people in front of it swaying their hips to the calm music while others were scatters around the room in their elegant attires having conversations with one another. The grand chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling, illuminating everything perfectly in bright light.

"Riki, please put these on the table over there," his mother politely commands putting a tray of mango and chocolate mousse on his hands before turning to the other people in the kitchen with no response from the other.

The young boy sighs. He walks to the indicated location, putting the tray of desserts down carefully on the table. When he sets it down, he takes the opportunity to examine the room. Everyone there was in elegant and no doubt designer clothes. The gift bags on the designated table were all of famous brands. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Channel, Dior, etc.

Did an eighteen-year-old actually want this type of party? He wondered. The classical music, the guests which weren't even close to the birthday boy's age, the expensive wines being served. He had seen these types of parties, of course, he had as he lived all his life in a wealthy household. But it was never Yuta who had these parties but his parents for their birthday as well as normal business parties. That's what this looks like, a business party.

He bites his lip anxiously, this was definitely not his crowd.

He soon walks away from the unfamiliar scene and back to the kitchen. "You need anything else, mom?" He asks the older woman who was busily indicating the waiters what they could take from the food to offer the guests.

"Not for now honey. You can go enjoy the party. Maybe talk to the young master," she answers, throwing the younger a quick sweet smile before turning back to who she was talking to.

The birthday boy had personally invited Riki to the party through his mom but he had been trying to avoid entering the event hall except when his mother asked for his assistance. Instead of heading to the room where the celebration is being held, he makes his way upstairs and to his room. He looks at himself in his rooms' mirror. He wasn't usually narcissist but he had to admit that he looked good with what he was wearing. He was wearing a blue blazer, blue pants, a white dress shirt under the blazer, and a black necktie. Even though he thought that the color was too vibrant and would call for attention, it was a suit that he once wore for performance and the only elegant clothes that he had. The outfit initially had no tie but after seeing everyone wearing one, he settled on buying one earlier on the day.

 The outfit initially had no tie but after seeing everyone wearing one, he settled on buying one earlier on the day

(^without the black jacket on top)

He was starting to get nervous after seeing what everyone else was wearing. His gift? He opened his jacket, looking inside to see the blue box inside. No chance he would give it to the pink-haired boy.

He was about to take his suit off, put on his pajamas, and call it a day but the ring of his phone disturbed him. He simply took his blazer off before grabbing his phone from his pants pocket, instantly lighting up after seeing it was a call from his best friend.

"Taki!"

The other chuckles, "You're that excited to hear my voice?"

"Yes and no but yes. Why are you calling? It's 7, are you home?"

"Yeah, practice just finished. What are you up to? I can hear classical music in the background."

"Ah, it's the birthday of Mr. Kim's son."

"You weren't invited?" Taki asks teasingly which makes Ni-Ki laugh.

"I was, actually, but I don't know. Everything there is... expensive? What the people are wearing, what they're eating, what they're drinking, the gifts. It would feel awkward if I was there."

"Who fucking cares about other people? Come on Riki, when you dress up you look expensive and hot as fuck, take it from your bestest friend." They both laugh at that. "Plus, nobody there knows you, no one will take into account one more person. Just go and have fun!" The boy encourages.

"The party isn't even fun, it's boring if I have to be honest."

"Fine, then just go down, stay there for 20 minutes, and if you decide to go back then do so but if you don't I'm going to Korea just to beat you up in person."

Riki stays quiet for a second, thinking. It wouldn't hurt being there a couple of minutes. "Fine I'll go, I'll call you when I come back into my room."

"Yes, yes, now leave," he says lastly, hanging up.

He takes a deep sigh, standing up from his bed and putting his blazer back on as he recites encouraging words to himself. Taki is right, no one down there even knows him besides everyone there are just oldies(no offense). He walks downstairs and at the door of the event, he peeks his head out to see what was happening just to see Mr. Kim in the middle of the stage, calling for everybody's attention. 

"Hello everyone, I would like to give you all a warm welcome to my son Kim Sunoo's eighteenth birthday party." He stretches his hand to the right side where Sunoo was making his way up the small flights of stairs up the stage, taking a place next to his father, bowing down at everyone in the crowd. The boy looked breathtaking, Riki had to admit, Sunoo as he had just learned his name to be. The pink-haired boy was now sporting black hair. He was wearing a white blazer with some black details on it, a black tie, and black trousers. Though it was kind of simple, it looked magnificent on the one wearing it. When had he gotten his hair dyed? he wondered as Mr. Kim's speech continues.

(^For the pants, black ones instead of white)

The now black haired was wearing a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "I am extremely proud to say," the older on stage starts to say through the microphone, putting one of his arms around his son, the action visibly awkward and forced out. "Soon, my son will be graduating high school and learning to take over my position of CEO of SW Fashion Company for him to be ready to do so as soon as it's my time to step down. He has been working hard throughout the years as a model and I'm sure that he'll do great once it's time." 

Everything else that was said passed like a blur for both Sunoo and Ni-Ki. The older preferable not listening as he sported a smile while Ni-Ki paid attention to how the other tried to do that. Tried. Riki could easily see how the older boy had something to say, how he bit back everything and he tried to decipher what that something was. One thing for sure, he was sure that Kim Sunoo was not happy at the moment.