55: Home

Riki looked at the mansion with clammy hands, his heart beating twice as fast as usual. People kept coming out of fancy cars and limousines, and there was distant chatter all around but all he could focus on from afar was the door to the house. It had only been a month since he last stepped inside yet it felt so unfamiliar, so cold. He wanted to be back, yes, but this wasn't the home he wanted to see. It was an older male who he had found himself loving. 

"You ready Riki?" the said boy turns to the older man who gave him a smile. 

He nods, "Yes, Yuta-Hyung."

They began to walk, making their way to the entrance with firm steps. "I'm still so sorry, Riki." Yuta says apologetically.

The younger laughed lightly, "I'm just glad to be here, even if it took a month. It could have taken way more if it weren't for you," he turned to look at him, "Thank you."

"God, you're so grown up!" the man exclaims, putting an arm around the other's shoulder. 

They stop at the entrance where an intimidating, bigger man stood firmly. "Name?" He questions in a bored tone, not even giving the duo a second glance.

"Nakamoto. Nakamoto Yuta," the male smiles despite the other's impassiveness. 

The bulky man nods at them once he found the indicated name. The two simply began walking again and into the mansion where they were escorted to the event hall. As soon as they got there, Yuta turned to look at the younger, a grin on his face. 

"Go find your prince charming," he tells him, his hands on either shoulder of the other.

Ni-Ki instantly blushes and looks around to see if anyone had listened but in reality, everyone was too busy to even be looking at them. "H- Hyung, don't say stuff like that," he stutters out, glaring at the older lightly.

Yuta simply shrugs with a smirk, "I'll be talking to some people, you take your time but be ready to leave at 11:45, your mom would kill me if we got there later than 12." He shudders a little. 

Riki laughs and nods at him, waving him off. As soon as he was alone, he let out a nervous breath and took a look around. For some reason, he was expecting this to go movie style, having him lock eyes with his lover from different sides of the room, the other would widen his eyes in surprise and they'd stumble through people to meet halfway. Then the light would focus on them and they'd kiss.

He cringed at his own imagination.

After taking that look around, he didn't find Sunoo but instead found the second next person. Jungwon. He smiled widely upon spotting the other. The slightly older male looked bored to death, sitting on one of the many fancily decorated tables, glancing from his phone to around the room, looking like he was waiting for someone. Sunoo, he supposed. The thought had his heart raising. 

Jungwon hadn't noticed him and so he came up from behind and covered both of his eyes playfully. "Who is that?" The Korean spoke with confusion, turning his phone off and placing it on the table before tapping all over his hand. "This is not Sunoo. He would never do this," he mumbled to himself, determined to find out who it was. Riki laughed quietly at his statement. He frowned deeply, "Riki?" He gasped, pulling the hands off and jumping up from his seat.

"I told you I would be here for Christmas," he smirks. 

"Hell yeah you did but I didn't think you meant here!" He exclaims, laughing a little. "How- how are you even here?" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows though he still had a smile on his lips.

Ni-Ki points at Yuta who was a few feet away, smiling and talking with someone. "He's my Hyung and apparently his business is just as big as Mr. Kim's in the industry," he shrugs.

Jungwon widens his eyes upon seeing the man. "That's Yuta. Nakamoto Yuta." Riki nods, tilting his head slightly in confusion. "Riki, Nakamoto Fashion is not as big as SW, it's way bigger! Mr. Kim has been trying to get allied with their company for years now!" He whispers shouts, looking around warily. "Mr. Kim has been in a good mood for the past few days, this must be why. He even told Sunoo to be on his best behavior."

At the mention of him, the younger unconsciously looks around the room. He clears his throat and Jungwon looks at him in understanding. "Um, where- where is he?"

Jungwon's gaze softened and he places an arm on the other's arm, "He hasn't come out of his room yet. I don't think there's anyone on that side of the house, you should go. He hasn't been the best," he smiles sadly.

"Why?" He asks, worriedness etching from his voice. 

"You guys haven't been much in contact and he thinks you want to break up or something," the boy laughs. "Reassure him that's not what you want."

"Oh, god, I've been so busy with preparations to be here that I- I didn't put that much attention to him. I-"

"Riki," Jungwon got him out of his rant. "Everything will be fine. Just- just go see him."

The younger nodded, they hugged once and then he walked off. All the way there, he was nervous, heart unsteady, sweaty hands, shaky legs, and all that. He thought thoroughly about all he wanted to say. How sorry he was, how much he missed him, an explanation. Yet, everything disappeared from his head once he opened the door and saw the vulnerable figure of his lover curled up on his bed, sobbing. 

Every action he made after taking in the sight, was guided by his heart. He went to him, laid beside him, and was finally able to tell him, "I missed you, Hyung," with a shaky voice as he looked into his eyes.

"I missed you, Riki. I missed you so much," the other spoke, tightening his arms around him.

A/N: The next chapter should be here in a couple of hours!