35: A secret, can you keep it?

The trio held hands tightly, Riki in the middle with the other two on either side. They wait anxiously for the results to be called out, their hands sweating (Mostly Riki's.) The youngest was the most nervous, closing his eyes tightly. 

Yet, as soon as he heard his name being called his eyes snapped open, jumping in shock along with his friends. 

They quickly hug him tightly while he remains frozen in shock before smiling widely, proud of himself. 

Everyone claps their hands after all the names were called out. 

One of the duos is his friends--as expected--while the other one is a pair of girls named Kim Dayeon and Seo Youngeun. As for the solos, it was the young Japanese boy for the dance division and contrary to other years, there were two other soloists where one would enter the all-rounder division. That person was Yang Jungwon while Sunoo was chosen for the vocals. As for the group, the four mentioned boys were a part of it along with two others named Hwang Intak and Kim Jongseob.

The mention of Jay and Sunoo being in the same group brought some tension, having Riki glancing between the two but then settling with having a conversation with his friend later. The older probably already knows how important it would be to be professional anyway.

The crowd was dismissed and only left the chosen ones, Heeseung, and some instructors in the auditorium where they all huddle on stage with Heeseung in the middle. 

Ni-Ki shifts a little when he sees that Sunoo had settled next to him leaving both the silver heads' friend confused as well as the younger's friends. 

"Okay," Heeseung begins excitedly, clapping his hands with a wide, blinding smile. "Regionals will be in two weeks. You guys will all be using designated rooms, saved for you. One for each duo, and one for the three solos." The three chosen boys glance at each other and while Jungwon smiles and Sunoo keeps his infamous blank expression, the youngest didn't know how to react. "There will also be a schedule to prepare for the group performance. We know that it'll be hard for those who will have two performances but we'll be here along the way," the male explains, politely gesturing at the teachers of the studio who gave reassuring smiles and nods. 

"We will have another meeting three days before the competition and another one a day before to assure that everything is going well," the young adult continues. "I wish all of you luck and just remember that we're here to help."

With that, the small group is dismissed, going their separate directions. While the two girls seemed to continue squealing in excitement as they exit, Jungwon and Sunoo talk calmly as they walk behind the trio who has smiles on their faces despite some worries with Jay's arm around Ni-Ki.

"I need to talk to you," Sunoo suddenly says, approaching the three who turn around to face him.

Just as Jay was about to intervene with a frown on his face Sunghoon stepped out, grabbing his wrist. "We'll wait for you in front of the building," he tells the youngest with a smile on his face before pulling the oldest along with him. 

Sunoo gives some sort of signal to Jungwon as well and soon enough, they were the only ones left in the huge room.

The Japanese boy soon starts to shift uncomfortably due to the loud silence encircling them. He glances a couple of times to see the older but it seemed as if he was deep in thought and that he wouldn't speak anytime soon. Despite that, his heart was hammering loudly. Both of theirs was, of course, without the other's knowledge. 

It felt like a moment in cheesy movies where one of the characters was about to confess their feelings or something similar to that.

"If... I ask you something... can you just accept and not call me crazy?"

It was the first time. The first time that the boy had seen the other so nervous and if he wasn't crazy then he was sure that the silver head was mildly blushing. Even with his head up high, as always, he could feel his hesitation and nervousness which just make Riki even more nervous. 

"It- it depends," he mumbles, looking back into his eyes.

He saw something in them. It was weird but it was as if he was trying to tell him something and it just made him curious on another level.

"I told you I'd tell you a secret, right?"

The younger suddenly stops his shiftiness. Oh. 

He nods. "Are you really going to tell me? What is it about?"

"Can you keep a secret to yourself?" He questions, his eyes becoming mischievous, removing what had occupied his eyes briefly a couple of seconds ago.

Suddenly, there was tension. One that neither of them could decipher but Ni-Ki just knew that it made him gulp a little as he nods. The other took a step forward and while the other's mind told him to take a step back, his feet didn't listen and instead stay frozen.

"I like someone," he confesses confidently. 

The other could basically hear his heart crack. The older took another step. "What... does that have to do with me?"

The Korean takes another step, leaving them merely two inches away from each other. He glances down at the younger's lips, staying there for a while making the boy lick his lip instinctively, then biting it down nervously. 

"Gosh, I wanna kiss you so bad," the 2003 born mumbles almost incoherently, his eyes still set.

"Wh- what?" Riki asks in shock with wide eyes. 

"Can I kiss you?" The boy questions, his eyes switching to look into the other's eyes intently with complete seriousness.

The 2005-liner looks into his eyes, doing his best to find any type of mischievousness, amusement, or maybe a mocking glint. Who knows? Maybe the popular boy had found out about his small crush and was trying to make a joke out of it.

But there wasn't any of that. It was straight-up seriousness.

Without much thought--more like any thought at all--he nods his head lightly and not even a second later, their lips were pressed against each other.

A/N: Sorry for being so late 😭😭. Hope this makes up for it!! First kiss! hehe