30: Ache

"Hello everyone," Heeseung greets as he takes the center of the stage.

Everyone in the studio was called to a meeting in a room that Riki had no idea existed. It was on the first floor and was probably the biggest room in the whole studio. It reminded him very much of a school gym and now more especially seeing it being full.

"I just want to announce to everyone, officially, that you can start signing up for the internal competition which will be held two weeks from now. For those new to this, if you win this competition you will be able to go to the regional competition hosted in Gangnam and if the studio wins, we will advance to state. I hope that everyone takes this as an opportunity and that you take the chance," he explains with a loving smile.

Heeseung went on to explain more; explaining how they would have to stay in a hotel to be closer to the competition venue, etc. Most of it, Ni-Ki decided to tune out as he had heard most of it from his friends either way. Instead, he decided to look at the boy a couple of rows away who was next to his friend who was occasionally whispering into his ear making the older either shake his head or nod it. The pit of his stomach twisted in jealously at the sight but thought it was best to ignore it.

A few seconds later, the silver head most likely felt the intense staring that made him turn around. Riki quickly turns to look at the stage, his cheeks heating up as he mentally scolded himself for his actions.

It had been two days since he had rushed out of their practice and their sessions had become quite awkward. At least in the youngest's opinion.

It went from serious and professional to awkward and full of tension. Maybe that's only how he took it and nothing hasn't changed in Sunoo's perspective but he has no idea. Most of the time has no idea of what the older is thinking, anyway. Though, he wished he did, especially now.

As soon as the assembly was dismissed, most people head to the inscription paper in order to sign up for the section they wish. Just like the rest, Ni-Ki, Jay, and Sunghoon do so as well, doing their best to push in front but giving up soon enough. They stay back and wait until there are only a few people left to sign their names. Jay and Sunghoon write their name on the duos section as usual and Riki takes a space for the dance solo.

"Are you heading to an individual room now?" Sunghoon asks as he finishes off writing the last character of his name.

Hesitantly, Riki decides to shake his head after glancing at the silver head who was still in the room, on the other side. With a tight-lipped smile, he says, "I don't know when I'll continue going there. I'll go with you guys for now."

They furrow their eyebrows, "There's something wrong," Jay states, no room for arguments.

Riki scoffs, "No, there's nothing wrong Hyung, can we go now?" He questions almost pleadingly and both of the older could sense that just making them scowl.

"Seriously, Riki, there's something wrong," Jay says, putting his hand on one of his shoulders. He squeezes it in reassurance and it made Riki tear up.

"Can- can we go somewhere else?" He asks, glancing at the boy meters away.

Without any hint of hesitation, Jay takes his wrist, gentle dragging him out the assembly hall with Sunghoon trailing right behind them.

Ni-Ki wasn't sure if he should actually tell the two but what he did know was that he trusted them and that he would feel better after telling someone about his feelings. It shouldn't be this painful to like someone, it shouldn't ache like it is right now. But when they are the same gender in a homophobic society it wasn't too peaceful. The addition of feeling that because the other person is the son of his mother's boss just made it worst.

They find an empty room and make sure to lock it. "Tell us when you're ready, we just want you to feel better," Sunghoon says as he looks him in the eyes while his own were full of tenderness.

"I," he pauses as he looks between the two, thinking and debating. He gulps as he turns his head down.

If he tells them the whole truth then that would mean him coming out to them. They would be the first to know. His stomach twisted at the thought, he hasn't told his long-time friend neither has he told his mother but it seemed that he could trust them and that this would be the most ideal moment.

"I have a crush," is how he decided to start.

The two let out a sigh of relief, patting their chests with a smile, "You got us worried Riki, that's one-hundred percent okay," Sunghoon explains, a toothy smile tugged upon his lips.

"That's not it," he continues slowly, gaze glued onto his shoes. The boys stay quiet in anticipation. "I like a guy," he continues. After the words left his mouth, he was filled with anxiousness especially due to the seconds of silence that pass by with no response.

"Wow," is the first thing that comes out of Jay's mouth before he clears his throat making the youngest finally at him. He becomes surprised when he saw the smile on his face, "That's okay, Ni-Ki," he says softly. He looks over to his same-aged friend who was still frozen in thought. He nudges him roughly in order to bring him back.

"I'm glad you told us, I'm just very surprised," Sunghoon expresses.

"Do we know the guy?" Jay questions cautiously.

The Japanese boy relaxes his shoulders after the words that they say and puts on a small smile. "Just don't laugh or anything," he starts. They both nod, giggling a little. "It's Sunoo-Hyung."

Sunghoon hangs his mouth agape and widens his eyes at the answer while Jay frowns. "He's an asshole. Why does it have to be him? There are many people out there! Why Kim fucking Sunoo?"

"There's more to him than what he lets on," he answers, furrowing his eyebrows as somewhat of protectiveness overtakes him.

"Yeah, I don't think so," the other replies with a scoff. 

"Look, Hyungs," he says in a harsh tone. "He's different than what he shows and I'm not an idiot to fall for whoever."

"Are you sure that it's just a crush? It doesn't sound like it. Kim Sunoo is not worth it, he is cold and a complete asshole," the oldest says as his frown deepens. 

He stays quiet for a moment before he speaks, "It's just a stupid crush that I'll get over. I have to get over it, we can laugh about this later but for now, I would appreciate it if you would stop speaking ill of him!" He shouts in exasperation making the two flinch at the tone of his voice. 

Riki opens the door and gets out, slamming the door shut. 

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in a week 🤧. 

Riki is a crybaby here, I'm sorry 😭😭😂