51: I love you

"Glad to know I was missed," Taki says sarcastically, watching the boy in front of him as he spaces out.

Riki blinks, bringing his legs to his chest and hugging them, "What?"

He sighs upon seeing Taki's disapproving gaze. "I'm- I'm sorry Taki. I couldn't sleep last night, I have to get used to my bed again," he explains, attempting to give him a smile which he fails miserably to do. 

"As your best friend, shouldn't you be telling me how you really feel? I feel like that was somewhere in the contract," the boy says with a worried expression despite the playfulness in his voice.

Ni-Ki looks to the left side of his room before looking at him in the eyes. "Does- does it make me a bad person that I'm sad about being back in Japan?" He questions in a low tone as if it's supposed to be a secret. "I- I mean," he stutters. "This is my motherland, where all my life is, yet I feel sad and so out of place. Wow, I'm a shitty person," he shakes his head. 

Taki stands up from the chair he was sitting on, moving to sit next to the other boy on the bed. "Riki, it doesn't make you a bad person," he smiles sadly, putting his arm around the other's shoulder. "Honestly, in all those phone calls you always seemed to be happy. I don't know," he shrugs, "It's like your life was quickly put into place there like that's where you're meant to be. I'm not saying that you didn't miss me or the crew or the studio or even Hikaru from the convenience store," he laughs and the other does as well, still looking down at his hands, "But maybe Seoul is really where you're meant to be," he tells him sadly.

Riki sighs, lifting his head up and looking at his best friend. He smiles genuinely, "I missed you."

Taki laughs, "Yeah, yeah, I missed you too."

-----

Sunoo was focusing on his math worksheet, tuning all the chatter around out.

"Kim Sunoo," his teacher calls his attention making him instantly raise his head to look at the older woman.

"Yes?" He questions in a bored tone.

Mrs. Kim furrows her eyebrows, "All your answers are wrong," she tells him which makes him immediately look down at the paper with a frown. "Is there something wrong, Sunoo? You're usually a lot better in math."

"I'm fine Mrs. Kim," he answers coldly, erasing all of his work. The woman takes a sigh and simply walks away, she knew better than trying to talk to the boy when he's in one of his moods. 

A couple of seconds later, the bell rang, making Sunoo huff in stress because he only had one question done. He furrows his eyebrows, takes his paper, and crumples it completely. He harshly takes his backpack from beside his desk. He swung it through one of his arms before speed walking out the classroom, throwing the paper harshly into a trash can on his way out. Everyone in the classroom was stunned by the scene, staring at the exit.

As he walked out the door, he bumped shoulders with someone but he didn't look back and simply continued to stump his way to the cafeteria. The other boy frowned. "Sunoo-Hyung!" 

"WHAT!?" The older shouts, turning to look back in one swift motion almost making Jungwon flinch. 

The boy walked over to the older, "What's wrong with you?" He questions, crossing his arms over his chest. "And I would appreciate it if you were honest," he finishes off, raising both eyebrows.

Sunoo rolls his eyes, "I don't have time to deal with bullshit," he mumbles, turning around to continue his way which was stopped when the other grabbed onto his wrist. "Stop," he exclaims, unintentionally pushing Jungwon harshly making him fall.

All motion in the hallway stopped, everyone was now watching them and Jungwon simply looked at the older with surprise. Seconds later, it morphed into rage. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He screams, standing up.

Sunoo didn't say anything, he just walked away.

-----

"Hey, Hyung," Riki smiled into the camera which the older returned. 

"Did you finish unpacking?" The Korean asked, trying his best to sound calm and casual.

Ni-Ki looks around his room before looking back into the camera, nodding. "Yep, I did. How are things over there?"

"Um, great," Sunoo responds hesitantly, hiding behind a smile. 

"You sure?" The younger questions, raising both eyebrows. "A little birdie snitched to me," he sing-sang.

The other sighs, "I just lost my temper earlier, I'll apologize later. I promise," he says seriously.

"I just don't want you to be in conflict with your best friend, hm?"

Sunoo nods. "I don't either. It's just..." he looks up at the camera and then down at his desk where he begins to play with his hands. "Frankly, I'm bad with feelings and I turn my sadness into rage and I just... lose control. And I was already stressed with my math assignment so I just came onto him. I'll definitely apologize," he smiles a little. 

Ni-Ki grins back proudly. "Well, on my end, I saw Taki earlier and I'll start school tomorrow."

"I haven't been to the studio but I'll probably be back tomorrow," Sunoo looks down at his watch, "and I have a shoot in thirty minutes," he smiles apologetically at the other.

After a few seconds of quiet, the younger of the two speaks up. "We'll work this out, right Hyung?" He laughs. "It feels foolish how concerned I am about being back in Seoul to be with the guy I just started dating. No offense. It's just that I'm back home and the only thing going in my mind is getting back there and... and being by your side. I feel stupid if I have to be honest," he groans, shaking his head slightly, his face buried into the palms of his hands. 

Sunoo's lips tug up a little, sadness in them. "It's not stupid and it's not foolish either. You know, home is not strictly about the place you were born. I also want you back here, Riki. So, so bad. It's weird how incomplete I feel now. Five months ago, we didn't even know about each other's existence yet now it feels so wrong to not have you here. If you're foolish and stupid for feeling the way you do, then count me in," he laughs lightly and Ni-Ki does as well.

The Japanese boy raises his head, "I love you, Hyung."

"I love you too, Riki."