48: No matter what

PART 2

"I love you too," Riki spoke in a breathy voice as their foreheads connected, their lips separating, allowing both of them to catch their breath. 

They share another long, passionate kiss before disconnecting their lips once again. They rest their foreheads against each other's again but this time, they both close their eyes and stay silent for what seems to be minutes. They took each other's presence in, enjoying it just like that.

"I think you should pack," Sunoo whispered to him, eyes still closed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he says weakly, "I can't fight my father."

"I know you can't," the other whispers back, letting a tear or two escape his eyes. "It- it's just that I'll miss you and Jay-Hyung and Sunghoon-Hyung and Jake-Hyung and Heeseung-Hyung and even Jungwon-Hyung," he laughs dryly. "I'll miss the studio and," he sighs. "And we were supposed to go to the state competition together and we were supposed to get to know each other more."

At this point, they had both opened their eyes, separated, and were simply sharing eye contact. Sunoo reaches out and cups the other's face in his hands in which the other comfortably nuzzles in. "I need you here, Riki. I'll have you back here no matter what. For now, we have to be strong," he says determinedly. "I will fight my dad and make him accept us, accept me." He drops his head, shaking it slightly. "I hate him."

"You don't mean that," Ni-Ki tells him, narrowing his eyes. 

"I do, Riki," the older retorts, looking back up, his eyes welling in tears. "All he has ever done is control my life and I'm so sick of it. There was a time I ended up at the police station and even then, he sent Mr. Kwon to bail me out," he laughs humorlessly, "I can't even find it in myself to respect him with all the dirty ways he has used to get his business where it is right now. That company used to be my mom's," Sunoo says, venom filling his words. "He has tried to keep it up because of her but my mom... this isn't what she would have wanted. She was honest and kind, even if I knew her for a very short time, this isn't what she wanted. He thinks that focusing on the business and making it grow and be at the top is the best way to honor her," he shakes his head. "It's not."

Riki had his mouth agape, about to retort when the door bursts open. "Bub!" A voice that was easily matched to Sunghoon exclaims. The boy runs to the younger and jumps on top of him, tightly securing him in his arms, not regarding the boy next to them. "We came as soon as Mrs. Nishimura called," he pants.

"Park Sunghoon!" Jay shouts as he enters the room, a deep frown on his face. "Fucking knock!" He continues, glancing from Riki to Sunoo who instantly ran his hands through his face in a desperate attempt to seem okay and composed.

"Please get your hands off my boyfriend," he speaks coldly, scowling at the older boy.

Sunghoon nervously laughs, detaching himself from the youngest, "Right. I should do that."

The newcomers settle themselves in front of the other two boys who are still sitting on the bed. All of them wore sad expressions and Ni-Ki seemed close to crying. 

Jay sighs, "Does this have something to do with your relationship?" He questions with his hands on his hips and a crease is made on his forehead.

"Mr. Kim just told my mom that he needs us back in Japan since they have found a cook here," Ni-Ki says sullenly. "I don't know anything else."

"That's bullshit," Sunoo mutters. "Jake-Hyung told me he saw my father holding pictures of us together. He had someone tailing me, no doubt," he huffs in annoyance and angriness. 

"Can't we do anything about this?" Sunghoon asks desperately, his eyebrows coming together with worry.

"The only way we could stay is if we had someplace to stay but we don't have the money for that," Riki shakes his head. "We have to go back to Japan or my mom would be fired and we would be left on the streets."

"You can just stay with me! There's no problem there!" The second oldest spoke. 

"I'm sorry Hyung," Ni-Ki looked at him, "That's not an option."

"Come on, it can just be a temporary thing, we," Sunghoon glances at the other boys in the room. He bites his bottom lip, "We just need you here, bub," he says softly.

Riki instantly softens up and glances at the three older boys who all now have their faces facing the floor. "I'll miss you guys. A lot. But I'll be back, I'm sure that I will," he smiles optimistically despite the sadness that wasn't completely hidden away. "I'm not the only one that wants to come back here, mom does too. Even if it's only been around five months here, we have figured that this is where we should be."

"Sooner or later," he took a dramatic pause. "I'll be back."

"Are you sure?" Sunoo asks weakly, finding the courage to look the younger in the eyes.

"No matter what," Ni-Ki responds with determination. 

"Um, hello?" Their heads instantly looked at the door, all four pairs looking over there. "Jungwonie was looking for you Sunoo. I figured I should bring him here," Jake says with a sad smile.

Sunoo looks at Ni-Ki for approval who nods his head, "Tell him to come in. You should say goodbye too, Hyung," he responds.

Hesitantly, both boys step into the room. Jungwon rushes to the youngest and to everyone's surprise hugs him. "I'll go visit you all the time in Japan and you have to come to visit too. I felt a really strong bond being created between us, you know." He lets go of him and gives the other a dimpled smile and Riki returns the gesture with his famous boxy smile.

"Yes, Hyung," he responds, feeling happy amongst the sadness.

Why? 

Because his dream from a couple of nights ago told him something. So he knew that no matter what he'll be back.