31: Remedy

He continues to stomp through the halls. He wasn't necessarily mad but something negative in him got ignited when he heard his friends insult the person he likes. He understands, of course, he does. The way that they perceive Sunoo is how he used to see him; an arrogant, cold asshole. However, the time that they spent together helped him see that he wasn't just that, he was so much more. Someone with feelings and with good morals, someone that--surprisingly--he can rely on. From how he treated him to ramen that late night after practice to him helping him treat his wounds. 

"Hey," someone calls out as they pull on his arm, stopping him from taking another step. 

Riki was quick to realize who the person was simply by their voice which just led him to keep his head down.

"I thought we agreed on practicing after the meeting," Sunoo states, his hand still in place.

"I had something to do," the boy answers lowly as he takes into account how he was feeling; His heart beating faster than usual and the pit of his stomach filled up with butterflies. He has been feeling like that for some time yet just now does he really realize what that meant.

Sunoo raises an eyebrow, "Well, can we practice now?"

"I don't know if I can right now and I don't know when I'll be able to practice with you again," he replies truthfully, his emotions influencing his response.

"Can I know why's that?" The other boy questions as his expression changes to a frown. "You've been off these days," he says, his tone being as if it was something that he had been keeping in his throat but was finally let out.

"It's not your business," the Japanese boy mumbles as he finally attempts to yank his arm from the other's hand but to no avail. 

"Yeah, but I want to know," he states firmly as he tightens his grip though not hard enough for the other to get hurt.

"I just got into an argument with my friends," he answers as it was the first thing that popped into his mind.

Sunoo stares at him for a couple of seconds, examining his expressions before he sighs and lets off the other's wrist. "Come with me," he states after two seconds, beginning to walk off.

Riki thought about staying behind, he could've if he wanted to, but he didn't and instead trails behind him. Before he knew it, they were pushing the doors to the rooftop which have an 'OFF LIMITS' sign on it. 

"It says off-limits there," he says as he points at the yellow sign.

"I know," the other responds as he proceeds to step inside the place.

The younger looks around the place once more before deciding 'fuck it' and steps in as well. The place was wide, as it was the roof indeed. There are black rails on the edge, there is a table and chairs and plants decorating the place. He wonders for a second why the place was off-limits when it is a perfect hangout place.

"Heeseung-Hyung is still remodeling up here so we can't come up," Sunoo explains as he takes a seat on a couch placed on one of the corners. "But he doesn't mind when I come here either way," he shrugs slightly, giving answers to Riki's questions as if he had read his mind. "It's a good thinking place so I like coming here quite often." He explains. 

Ni-Ki cautiously takes a seat on the opposite corner from where the older was situated before he looks up at the sky. The sun was setting so it was rather an ideal time to be outside rather than inside. There was a little breeze, though it was hot it was quite relaxing either way as it grazed their skins. There was no sound at all, the streets being rather slow and quiet with only a couple of cars passing once in a while. The younger took his time to stop thinking of everything that previously filled his mind and focused on the scenery and calm atmosphere which seemed to work more by the minute. He couldn't help but think this was the remedy that he needed. A distraction and something that would get him away from his hurricane of difficult emotions. 

"You better?" The boy beside him asks, bringing him back to reality.

He looks to his side and looks him in the eyes for some time before nodding his head yes, a tight-lipped smile decorating his lips. "Better, thanks," he says before turning back to look ahead. 

Sunoo nods slowly as he leans back, his body relaxing as he stares in the same direction as the other. He turns his head again, his eyes gluing themselves to look at the younger's side profile while he is concentrated on looking at the view. The boy was beautiful with all his features relaxed, a soft smile on his lips, and his hair being swayed back. His own heart was beginning to pick up its pace the longer he looked until he moved his head forward once again. A small smile tugs upon his lips as he draws the picture of the other's face in his mind.

"You know, it's weird to see you smile," Riki says suddenly making the other startled. There was a smile drawn upon his own lips and his heart was swelling in happiness as he saw the expression of the other.

"Gosh, don't talk so suddenly," the surprised boy states, putting a hand on his chest making the other giggle. "And stop laughing," he says with a frown though the other's laugher just got louder as he held his stomach. Soon enough, his frown got tugged upwards as he began to laugh along with the younger.

Though Riki was laughing he also focuses on the melodious sound and he came to the conclusion that out of all cures, Kim Sunoo's laughter was the best remedy to cure his dull mood.