36: Crashing down

Their lips move slowly together, inexperienced but immersed. They felt so many emotions at the moment. For a while, even a slight moment, it was as if their minds were blank and there was nothing to think about. They knew they wanted this yet after a couple of seconds they pulled themselves away from the other. 

Shock was written over both their faces and while Riki hated to admit it, he thought he saw regret on Sunoo's face for a split second.

"Think everything I've said over. What we did here is a secret, remember," he says cautiously before walking off without a response.

When he steps out of the auditorium, he places a hand over his chest, walking hastily as far away as possible, scolding himself.

He had let his desires get the best of him and he did, indeed, regret it. That was not how it was supposed to go. He wanted to drop some clues and slowly reveal his feelings. He wanted them to have dates where they learned more about each other and when it felt right, have their first kiss. 

As much as he hated it, he had come to terms with his feeling and it just felt like everything came crashing down when he let his feelings get the best of him.

He sat on the floor when he deemed the distance between himself and the room he was previously in far enough. He hugs his legs and groans in frustration, banging his head on his knees. 

He didn't want to think of anything but that moment kept replaying in his mind. He enjoyed that kiss, there was no doubt, but that's not how it should have gone. He didn't know if he was ready for it, he didn't know if the other was either.

But he had nodded?

Did he want him to kiss him? Did he like him? Or maybe he just felt pity for him?

He didn't want to think about any of that. 

He scrambles through his pocket, taking his phone out and dialing a number, "Mr. Im, please pick me up. I don't care about the time just come. Fast," he says coldly before hanging up and putting his phone back where it was.

He stands up, going to his room where he had left his bag. He opens the door, quickly gripping onto it and not taking note of the boy who was in the room. The cat-eyed boy furrows his eyebrows, putting his phone in his pocket before grabbing onto the other's arm. "Hyung," he calls out but the other didn't pay any attention, keeping his eyes staring out the door. "Hyung, what happened?"

"Fuck, Won, just leave me alone," he replies, yanking his arm from the other before walking away.

Doing the opposite of what he was asked to do, the other follows behind, "What the hell happened?" He asks as he struggles to go after the other. "Just tell me!" He exclaims as he takes ahold of his arm again.

He had no idea what was going on but something he did know was that he had never seen Kim Sunoo this way. In his eyes, it was as if he was breaking and that fact made him worry.

What could have gone wrong during the talk with the Japanese boy?

"Talk," he commands in a stern voice that even the silverhead couldn't ignore.

He sighs heavily, "Just come, I can't talk here," he mumbles, yanking his arm harshly and leading the way out the building.

When they arrived outside, the familiar black car was waiting outside patiently and Sunoo didn't hesitate to open the door and step inside, Jungwon following behind. "Home," he utters simply. Mr. Im nods and drives off. 

Along the ride, the younger of the two kept glancing at his best friend hoping to decipher what was going on in his mind as he stared out the window. But he couldn't. He looked mad but it wasn't exactly that emotion, there was something more to it. Something he couldn't pinpoint. Something that he had never seen in him before.

They shared no words when they arrived at the mansion and everyone they encountered along the way to the boy's bedroom was ignored. To them, the young master was simply in a worst mood than he usually is but among the teenage boys, they knew that it was something bigger than displeasure and moodiness. 

"I'm gonna take a shower. Do whatever you want," Sunoo mumbles, beginning to search through his drawers in a clear attempt to avoid the topic.

That just made his best friends' frown deepen. "I'm your best friend for a reason," he says, "If you trust me then you'll tell me what happened," he continues. "I just wanna help, you're clearly not okay, Hyung," he finishes off worriedly, concern written on his face.

The older stops for a second and begins to pace around the room. "I made a mistake that I want to regret but I don't," he explains.

"What is that mistake?"

"I kissed him."

"What?!" The other exclaims in shock, his eyes widening.

He nods, "I kissed Riki. I shouldn't have! And I was being careless too. Gosh, kill me now," he says exasperatedly, plopping down on one of the couches in his room.

Jungwon laughs, "I thought it was something worst," he lets out a relief sigh but the older just glares at him, making him straighten up. "What?! I'm just saying! I thought he rejected you and you were having a mental breakdown or something. Worst case scenario that came to my mind was that killed someone and was feeling bad for it!"

The older rolls his eyes before letting his gaze down, "I- I just felt dissapointed that I let myself do that and it felt like everything just came crashing down," he shrugs. "You know that I'm someone that like going through a detailed plan before executing it and when I kissed him, those plans vanished."

"Hyung, you won't always be able to follow plans. Sometimes things just happen and this time was one of those things," he tells his soothingly. "You did something that you wanted, you let yourself let go for a while and honestly I find that great even if it was unlike you," he states with a soft smile.

Sunoo grins,  "Even if everything came down for a while, I'll bring it back up. I'm sure that I like him now," he says confidently, a fire igniting in his eyes which was sparked by his undeniable feelings. 

"That's the spirit!" The other says brightly. "I'll make sure to leave the room a lot when practicing," he chuckles. "I never thought I would see you so struck by someone."

"I never thought so too," he replies, looking up and smiling at his friend.