44: In three years

Sunoo looks at himself in the mirror in the bathroom, smiling slightly, nervousness filling him though excitement overpowered it. He ran his hands through his clothes before walking out of the restroom, looking down at his watch. He runs a hand through his hair, takes a deep breath, and walks out of his room.

As he walks down the stairs, he thought back to his plans, making him inevitably nervous.

"Where are you going?" A monotonous voice questions making him snap his head up into the living room where the voice came from. His father sat there, a magazine in his hands which he was looking down at, moving past pages with a dissatisfied scowl on his face.

"Out," he utters blankly, continuing to walk towards his destination; the kitchen.

"I asked," the older spoke sharply, "Where are you going?" the man asks again, raising his head up now. Sunoo stops in his tracks, turning to look at his dad. They make eye contact, challenging each other, neither of them backing out.

"I'll be back by 10," the younger says finally after a few seconds, turning back around and walking away.

Once sure that the teenager was out of the scene, the older calls out for his assistant. "Follow him. Tell me what he has been up to. Every single detail," he tells him, looking suspiciously in the direction his son disappeared off.

Mr. Kwon bows at him, muttering a 'yes, sir' as his eyes nervously fidgeted before walking off.

----

"Ready to go?" The older asked as they met up outside the house gates, a smile tugging onto his lips. Ni-Ki nods firmly in response, returning the gesture, feeling a rush of adrenaline. "I'll drive," he continues, pointing at his car which was parked a couple of feet away from where they were situated.

The younger nods again before they walk to the car, silence filling the atmosphere. Only once they were in the car did Riki speak, "Honestly, I'm nervous," he laughs awkwardly, rubbing his nape. "I- I spoke to Jay-Hyung and Sunghoon-Hyung but that didn't help much. I... this is my first date so I'm sorry if I mess it up or something," he explains shyly.

"Hey," Sunoo calls out, placing his hand on top of the other's which was resting on his thigh. "This is my first date too," he says softly. "And believe me when I say that I am equally as and if not more nervous than you are," he smiles gently, making eye contact. "Let's just have fun, okay?"

"Okay," Ni-Ki says, just above a whisper as he leans closer, the other doing the same simultaneously until they close the gap, their lips pressing against each other. Soon, they separate and they rest their foreheads against each other.

"We should get going," Sunoo whispers, pecking his lips before leaning back and settling himself to drive.

With final smiles and butterflies filling their stomachs, they buckle up before driving away.

----

"What place is this?" Riki questions as he slowly undoes his seatbelt, looking to the side, out of the window, and to the building in front of them. There were no concrete signs as to what the place was but a sign with a big blue butterfly and flowers around it.

"A butterfly garden," Sunoo responds, smiling at him. "This place isn't usually crowded so I thought we would be able to have alone time and we wouldn't have to be sneaking around and all that," he explains.

The younger looks at him with confusion for a second before he opens his mouth slightly in an 'oh' in realization. Right. Sunoo is a famous model known in all of Korea and beyond and he wasn't. He's a guy. A commoner, additionally. "I love it," he smiles widely, keeping his negative feelings out, looking out again.

He feels a hand on his own, calling for his attention, making him look to Sunoo once again. "You know, I am not ashamed of who I am and who I like. Especially not when that person is so amazing," they both grinned and Ni-Ki blushed a little. "But I want to tell my dad before the rest of the public finds out and all. We may not be close but I still need to let him know."

"Sunoo-Hyung, I understand. Believe me. I understand," the boy says softly, sincerely.

"Okay, we show get going before it gets any later," Sunoo laughs lightly. Hesitantly, he pecks the other's lips before opening the door whilst Ni-Ki did the same, both stepping out at the same time.

"It's beautiful," the younger says in a breathy voice, completely astounded by all the flowers and butterflies flying around as they walk inside.

"It is. I've only been here once before but I thought you might like it," the older explains, growing a little tense.

"Well, I love it," the younger takes his hand after taking a look around, noting that there was nobody but themselves and another couple on the other side of the building.

They begin to walk all throughout, pointing out when spotting a butterfly or when being astonished by a beautiful flower, both of which caught their attention equally. They smiled and shared laughs and opinions, forgetting everything and focusing on one another. For once, they felt so free and safe. For once, Sunoo felt like there was someone that cares about him. And for once, he felt alive.

"Will we come back one day?" Ni-Ki questions as they walk out, hand in hand.

"In 3 years," Sunoo answers with a firm nod. "We'll return every three years from now on."

The younger groans, "Why not earlier?! Three years is too much!"

"That's what makes it special," the other said with a cheeky smile, opening the door for the younger

The young Japanese boy rolls his eyes with a scoff before entering the car, a smile tugging up his lips.

"Do you want ice cream or are you hungry?" Sunoo asks after entering the back, buckling up, and turning the car on.

"Ice cream! Perfect first date finale," he answers with a satisfied expression. He stays quiet for a second. "As long as you don't order any mint choco."

"Oh, come on," he scoffs playfully. "I have to have mint choco!"

"You know what, we're over. We're over before we start," Riki says, crossing his arms over his chest, and looking out the window.

"Okay, I won't order mint choco but you'll have to pay for your own ice cream," the other shrugs, backing up before driving away.

And so the night continued full of laughter and playfulness.

All whilst someone kept their eyes on them at a safe distance.

A/N: I know updates have been coming super slow and I sincerely apologize for that even if it's just one or two people that may be waiting for it, I immensely apologize. The story is almost over so I will try my best to be faster. The reason why they have been taking so long is that I've been working on two other stories and they've been taking my time and energy and ideas. I will prioritize this story from now on, however, and do my best for the last couple of chapters.

In other news! As I said, I'm working on two other stories and while they are not ENHYPEN, they will be available as soon as this story is over for any NCTzens and/or MOAs here. One of them is NCT marknominhyuck while the TXT now will be Taegyu.

Please look forward to them and I hope you have enjoyed! I hope you've had nice day!