34: Good Luck

The flow of the moves was perfect and every single detail was sharp, as intended. Moving their body to the beat of the music, Riki admired the male on stage. 

Everyone was invited to see the auditions but he should've known that seeing other people's talents would just make him even more anxious.

He had gotten a big scolding from his mom yesterday or rather earlier that day after Jay had dropped him off however he couldn't even think about it. His mind was simply going in a circle, tracing every part of his choreography so that he could remember what he had to change and adjust. 

It was 20 minutes later when his two friends were called up on stage. They had said that they were nervous but when he saw them on, he couldn't see a trace of that. They only looked confident in the eyes of the audience, including himself. He clapped loudly and cheered when they were done as they bowed with big smiles on their faces. 

He was about to go backstage to congratulate and praise the duo when he felt someone grab his wrist. He turns around, his breath hitching when he saw Sunoo. "I need your help," he pronounces before dragging him out of the place.

The younger didn't have any time to protest as the other just kept pulling making him stumble a little as he looked back, hoping to see his friends but to no avail. They must be busy backstage after their performance, was the most reasonable excuse which must've been correct. 

Outside the assembly room was completely quiet, the corridors being empty as everyone seemed to be either watching the performances or performing. As he kept refusing to walk, Sunoo just kept pulling persistently until they reach the room where they usually met. Room I-26. Until they were inside, the door shut, the older let go of his wrist.

"What do you need?" The younger questions, trying to be as composed as possible.

"I need help with my performance."

Riki sighs, "You're performing for the vocals unit, why do you need my help?"

"Even if the main part is showcasing my vocals, I still need to have a good performance," he explains. "Just monitor what I have prepared, can't you?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

He knows that he and the younger didn't go off the right foot but he thought that they were past that. They were getting along okay during the start of their lessons until suddenly, it changed. It didn't positively change, the tension became thick and it seemed harder for them to speak. The only times that they uttered a word would be when either made a mistake and that's all. He didn't like that. Not one bit. 

He begins to walk forward, one step at a time, slowly, making the younger back up as well. The Japanese boy blinks nervously, "What- what are you doing?" He questions as the other continues to walk and unconsciously he does as well. 

He flinches when his back touches the wall and Sunoo puts both of his hands on the wall, on either side of his head. Riki looks off to the side, his ears and cheeks becoming red. 

"I have a proposal," the silver-haired boy starts. "If we both make it," he continues without a response from the other, "I'll tell you a secret," he says in a low voice which made shivers travel through all of Ni-Ki's body. "In return, you have to tell me what the fuck is wrong with you," he pronounces, making the younger's head turn to look at him, their eyes connecting intensely.

They were close. Way too close and they could just imagine how it would feel if only either of them leaned their head a couple of centimeters, letting their lips touch. 

"Deal?" The older questions, backing away letting the other breath correctly.

The questioned boy doesn't answer and simply runs away, out of the room. It leaves Sunoo smirking inside, knowing the big effect he had on the other though it also had a big one on himself.

--

"Where have you been?!" Sunghoon asks worriedly as soon as the youngest enters backstage.

Riki stays quiet, trying to process the question and thinking of what to say.

Jay sighs, "You were practicing, weren't you?" He questions, shaking his head slightly. "I just hope that you don't faint in the middle of your performance." He raises up an accusing finger, "If anything happens to you I will let you recover before breaking both of your legs," he says harshly.

The boy laughs nervously, glancing at his other friend who just shrugged, "I'll be okay Jay-Hyung, trust me."

"Riki?" A person with a clipboard calls out. The boy raises his hand. "You're up in 5," the female explains with a smile. The young male nods in understanding, letting her leave.

The older two look at him with excited smiles which he returns, though the pit of his stomach was getting tied up with nervousness. "Good luck!" They exclaim in unison before they get out of the room and to the chairs in front of the stage, so they can see him from the audience.

He sighs deeply, trying to calm his nerves. "Hey!" A voice calls out and he widens his eyes. 

"Why are you in front of me again?" He questions, pretending to be annoyed though his heart began to pick up its pace.

The other rolls his eyes, "I wouldn't be here if you would have let me finish our conversation from earlier," he explains, "Here," he says, extending his arms with his palm open.

"What is that?" the younger asks, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"A bracelet," he says, "With the pendant of Earth, to go along with your necklace," he explains, beckoning his head to his neck, where the star necklace always hid. 

"Why an Earth pendant? Why are you giving it to me?" He questions in confusion

Sunoo smiles slightly, "We'll have the whole solar system if we keep gifting stuff like this, huh?" he chuckles though stops and keeps on a smile upon seeing the other's serious face. "You'll know soon," he mumbles as he adjusts it on the other's left wrist. "Good luck," he says before hesitantly reaching out to ruffle the other's hair gently.