32: Goal

Ni-Ki felt complexed as he stared at the white ceiling of his room. He couldn't sleep no matter how hard he tried, all the events from earlier continuing to come back. He could understand his Hyungs but he also understands himself, that's what the circle of thoughts mostly surrounded. What Sunoo did earlier just proved his point as to why he likes him but he understands that the older two haven't seen him the way that he has. 

But they've never given it a shot.

Neither of the sides ever tried to be friendly towards each other--as far as he knows, that is. Maybe they do have an unpleasant past. Maybe that's why they can't get along.

With the fluffy duvet now at his feet he finally came to a deal and made a goal within himself that finally made him relax and sleep that night--no matter what he will find out what Jay and Sunghoon have against Sunoo and vice versa.

--

The next morning, as soon as the young boy arrives at school, he goes into the cafeteria. He glances around from the doors and sighs in relief when he sees his friends sitting side by side where they are usually situated. He walks over slowly, thinking of his words carefully hoping to be able to say everything he needs to without holding back.

When he arrives, he silently takes a seat in front of Jay which is where he usually sits. he clears his throat. Soon after, the two lookup. Sunghoon gives him a small smile whilst Jay did as if he saw nothing. Instead, he stood up from his seat, took his backpack, and walked away without giving Riki a chance to say a word. 

"Do you, forgive me, Hyung?" He asks as he looks at Sunghoon hopefully.

"I have nothing to forgive," the other replies with a toothy smile. "I don't care who you like," he pauses. "But when it comes to Kim Sunoo, Jay does care. They have some... problems," he explains shortly making the younger's curiosity peaked. 

"What does Jay-Hyung have against Sunoo-Hyung?" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sorry bub, it's not something that I can tell," he answers, extending his arm to ruffle the other's hair. "It's personal to Jay." 

Ni-Ki takes a sigh, nodding his head as his gaze casts down thoughtfully. 'Personal?' He thinks as he begins to list down possibilities as to what that can be.

"Don't think too much into it. It's not that important, it happened years ago but there's still some resentment," Sunghoon says with a tight-lipped smile, cutting in through his thoughts.

Riki pursues his lips as he nods once again.

--

Jay was still ignoring Riki during lunch and while they were at the mansion before they walked together to the studio as they usually do. It surprised the youngest of the three that Sunghoon was even able to convince the other to go pick him up at the mansion as usual. 

They gave their greetings to Mrs. Nishimura like normal and it was the first time since their conversation that Ni-Ki saw him smile, though it was not directed to him. 

He knew that friends had fights and he was familiar with them as well. He even called Taki last night before going to bed to get some advice and the tip he gave was to give him time and show that you care. So that's exactly what he did all day. 

Even though his presence wasn't being counted on the older's radar, he made sure to buy him water and snacks during lunch, as usual, placing them in front of him. He left earlier than the other two during lunchtime but Sunghoon assured him with a smile that the other had actually taken them. And before leaving to the studio he made sure to pack extra water in his bag to give to his friends later.

Now, they were all walking side by side slowly through the sidewalk. Ni-Ki was placed in the middle while Sunghoon on the left and Jay on the right. There was a suffocating tension that they hadn't experienced before and all the young Japanese male was hoping to be forgiven so it can all be over. He misses his other friend.

"Jay-Hyung," he calls out, stopping abruptly.

He expected him to continue walking instead, he takes a pause two steps away along with Sunghoon who was looking at him expectantly.

"Can you please forgive me?"

"What is it that you need to forgive?" He asks blankly after a second of silence.

Nothing, Riki noted. There was nothing that he was sorry about but it just seemed that it was what he had to say.

"I- I don't know. For liking Sunoo-Hyung?" He replies, his answer turning to a question rather than a statement. 

Jay sighs, turning and taking a step forward to be directly in front of him. "I don't accept you liking Kim Sunoo," he states firmly, "But that doesn't mean that I will stop you from feeling the way you feel so don't be sorry about it. I just... hadn't accepted it," he explains. "I'm sorry for being childish," he says, giving him a small, crooked smile. "I just really care about you, Riki. About both of you," he glances at the two boys.

The youngest basically throws himself onto him making the other let out an 'oof' though there was a smile on his face. "Thank you for being my friend, Hyung," he mumbles into his shoulder. 

Jay chuckles lightly, "Be yourself around me, I care about you and I want you to be comfortable. Thank you for trusting us with something as personal as your sexuality. I'm not saying that I agree with you having feelings for that boy but I won't restrain you."

Riki nods, separating the hug with a smile. 

"Okay! Okay! Can we go now?" Sunghoon whines with a groan from beside them

They laugh after seeing him. Jay jumps towards him, putting him in a headlock. The other 2002 born continuously hits his arms to get him to take the arm off but to no avail. Riki from apart laughs at his chaotic friends.

He'll just have to wait to find out another day.