54: Believe

Sunoo looked at himself through the full body mirror, hands on the tie around his neck, fighting with it. He drops his hands to his sides and sighs, an action he was getting too used to doing. He turns his head around, looking blankly at his room.

He was in a suit and ready for the Christmas Eve party, just like his father requested. People were already downstairs in the event hall, he could hear the classical music being played and the low chatter. He didn't wanna go, as easy as that. But he had to because of his father's reputation and all that. He walks over to his bed and sits down on the corner. He looks blankly ahead, the same name roaming his head. Nishimura Riki. Ni-Ki. Riki. 

In such a short time, that boy had become his happiness and he had lost it. Lost him because of someone who only knows how to control. 

He takes the lamp from his bedside table and grips it tightly, his vision becoming red. He was mad and full of hate, only negative emotions. In a sudden motion, he swings it back and throws it to the wall, panting heavily. He tried to keep his emotions in. He tried. It was impossible. 

He began to cry, sobbing, not wiping even a single tear off his face as he gripped the duvet dropped neatly on his bed. 

There was a knock on the door but he chose to ignore it. Instead, he laid down on his bed on his side and curled himself up as much as possible, placing his hands over both of his ears. He wanted to disappear, not be here. He didn't want to be surrounded by hundreds of people and in between those his father. He didn't want to be inside these four walls that just reminded him of what he had lost.

Unexpectedly, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around him from behind and he found himself sobbing even more uncontrollably. "Get away, it's not him, it's not," he chanted, convincing himself that he was just imagining things, closing his eyes even more tightly, his heart speeding up.

The person turned him around but Sunoo's eyes remained shut. "Open your eyes," the person said soothingly, a sad smile tugged onto his lips and tears welling in his eyes. "I need you to open your eyes, I wanna look at them," he continued, reaching his arm up and using his hand to smooth the other's hair. "I want to look into your eyes Sunoo-Hyung."

That finally made the boy open his eyes, his sobs subsiding but then he saw the other's face; his eyes, his nose, his smile, all so close to him that he began crying again.

In a breathy tone, he said, "Riki..." before putting his arms around him and holding tightly onto him.

He chose to believe that it was real, that he wasn't imagining things. That his lover was back in his arms.

---

2 hour before...

"Yes," the man in the suit said through the phone. He chuckles politely upon hearing what the man on the other line said, "Yes, I'll be there. I hope to discuss all our future business plans. Yes... Yes. We'll talk later. Have a great day. 

Thank you, Mr. Kim." The man smirked as he hung up on the phone. "To the airport Mr. Lee," he said with a sincere smile, looking at his driver who smiled back. 

Mr. Lee looked at the man who was smiling widely at his phone through the rearview mirror. "Picking up a very special person, Mr. Nakamoto?" He questions, quite teasingly.

The man smiles back and nods firmly at him. "Yes, quite special."

---

The man walked out of the car. "Are you sure you don't want me to go, Mr. Nakamoto? You can wait in the car."

The younger smiled, "It's alright Mr. Lee. I wanna see my brother as soon as possible," he retorted giddily. "It's been too long."

He speed-walked to the entrance, tugging onto his jacket every once in a while. As soon as he walked inside, he went to the gate where the people he was waiting for would come. He was excited and happy and ecstatic, those were probably the best ways to describe it.

People were already coming out and he just hoped to see two of the most important people in his life as soon as possible. He held the sign in his hand high enough for everyone to see 'Nishimuras' written on it. He smiled widely as soon as he spotted the younger's blond hair, and the younger male smiled just as wide. 

"Yuta-Hyung!" he exclaims, running to him without waiting for his mother. 

They wrapped their arms around each other. "I missed you," they say at the same time making them burst out in a fit of laughter. "Thank you for this," Riki says in a whisper, making sure only he heard. Yuta nodded firmly in response. 

"Could've waited for me," the oldest came from behind, panting a little. She went to the older male and hugged him, "It's good to see you."

They separate and Yuta glances between them, "Well, we should get going. We have a party to attend."

---

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us mom?" Riki asks as Mrs. Nishimura fixes up his suit. 

She smiles and nods, "I'm sure, honey. I'll see Mrs. Kang and the others another day. We have plenty of time, don't we?" She responds with a grin.

The younger smiles back, his eyes slightly glossy. "We do," his lips tug up even more. "We have the time of the world now."

A/N: Honestly, I'm so disappointed in this chapter 😭😭. The story is about to end in a chapter or two and then I'll edit it. 

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!