24: Late Night

"Bye Hyungs!" Riki exclaims waving, panting from hours of dancing.

Jay looks at him worriedly, "Are you sure you're not going home yet? It's nearly nine. Won't your mom worry?"

He grins, "My mom is out since six today and won't be back until 8 tomorrow. As long as no one says anything, I don't have to worry." He shrugs.

Sunghoon raises an eyebrow, "And how do you know we won't say anything? Mrs. Nishimura's food was great the last time and she asked us to take care of you. Imagine if you get kidnapped! We won't have any more of her cooking!" He exclaims, dramatics exceding.

The youngest rolls his eyes, "The evaluation is in four days and there's no school tomorrow. I have to take advantage that I have more time today." He pauses. "Please don't tell my mom," he asks in a pleading tone, his hands clasped together. "I'll be home by 10, I swear."

Jay sighs, "And how will you get home."

"I'll get an uber. I'll be back safely. I'll send you a message when I'm back, hm?"

The two older glance at each other, "Okay, but this is the only time and if I don't get a text by 10:15, I'll come here and drag you by the ear back home," Jay warns with an accusing finger.

Ni-Ki raises both of his hands as if surrounding, a playful smile on his lips, "I promise to go back fast."

With a final hug and wave, the two finally leave making Riki go back to practicing his dance. 

He danced in front of the mirror, correcting himself over and over again until he came close to perfection, 70% satisfied with himself, he decided to call it a day. 

He goes over to his bag in the corner of the room as he slightly pants. He taps it to see the screen as he wipes some sweat from his forehead with his shirt, making his stomach show a little. He widens his eyes and curses under his breath to see that it was 10:28 pm. He quickly opens his phone, going to his contacts, his finger hovering over Jay's number. But then he thought. It was 10:28, there was no missed call or any texts from either of his friends, they were both exhausted when they left. They must already be asleep, he concluded as he turned his phone off, putting it in his pocket and grabbing his bag. 

He walks out of the room, letting the door slam itself shut. He looks left and right, getting some shivers seeing as all the lights in the hall were off. However, as he walks forward there were 1 or two people in some of the classrooms. 

He continues his way peacefully, details of his dance and lyrics of songs filling his mind. He sees the nighttime secretary's head laying on the desk, their arms around which reflexively makes him try to make his steps slower and quieter. 

Once he gets out, he takes a deep breath, a smile finding its way to his lips unknowingly. Maybe it was because dancing and singing made him happy or because he was starting to feel like he was fitting in but he just feels like smiling at the moment. He begins to walk towards the mansion, preferring to walk for a couple of minutes alone rather than in a car with a stranger. He takes each step calmly and quietly, stores open with their lights brightly shining, one or two cars passing by his side every minute, some people walking on the other side of the road, some balancing on another, drunk. 

It was so familiar yet so different as to how it was in Japan and though that used to feel overwhelming he finds it refreshing now. 

He suddenly turns his head around, feeling as if someone was looking at him and to his surprise, someone was. Though, they were no stranger to him. "Sunoo-Hyung?" He questions confusedly, squinting his eyes in the darkness. The other walks closer to the younger, stopping just two steps away. "What... are you doing here?"

"I... was practicing," he answers plainly. "Mr. Im is already sleeping by now," he shrugs before walking away, Riki soon following after, finding himself next to the older soon enough. 

"Hyung," Ni-Ki calls out, the said male humming in response. "Do you usually stay so late?" He questions as he glances at the older's bag before turning his head to look at the silver head who turned at the same time. A moment of silence was served as they intently look at each other in the eyes before the male clears his throat, breaking eye contact.

"Sometimes, when it's necessary. The evaluation is in a couple of days and usually, it's around this time that the studio stays open until 12."

"I remember staying up for a whole day practicing," Riki mutters, mostly to himself, reminiscing. 

"Why would you do that? It's unhealthy."

The younger laughs nervously, "I didn't mean to say it out loud." He pauses. "My mom got really angry at me back then, I was practicing at Yuta-Senpai's practice room but they couldn't find me all day until I came out to eat dinner," an adoring, nostalgic smile crawling onto his lips.

Sunoo raises an eyebrow, looking at him with a questioning face.

"Ah," he puts on a wide smile. "Yuta-Senpai was the owner of the house your dad bought," he explains shortly getting a slight nod from the older. 'I miss him,' he thought momentarily as more memories came back to him, silence filling the street.

"Did you eat dinner?" The older asks, cutting the comfortable silence short as he stops, glancing behind the younger, a 24-hour convenience store brightly lit.

Riki shakes his head sheepishly.

A smile appears on his lips, "I'll treat you."