11: Han River

"Mama..." Riki says nervously through the phone as he looks at his surrounding, the phone pressed against his ear.

"What's wrong Riki?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows as she walks downstairs and to the kitchen. 

"So... funny thing here happened," he laughs nervously.

Mrs. Nishimura chuckles, understanding what was going on, "You got lost didn't you?"

"I just need the address of the mansion!"

She sighs with a smile, "You're as clumsy as your father." At the comparison, Ni-Ki smiles as well. "I'll text you the address once I get it," she explains, looking around if there was anyone in sight.

"Thank you! I'll be there as soon as possible! Love you!" The young male exclaims before the two hang up.

As soon as the female puts her phone down, she takes a look around, not spotting any of her co-workers in the process. As soon as she was about to step up the stairs to the staff rooms to look for Mrs. Kang or maybe Jake (who didn't have anything scheduled at the moment while the others were fixing things up for Sunoo's birthday) the service door that connects to the garden was opened.

At seeing the pink-haired male, she brightens, "Young master, do you have a moment?"

He puts on a confused expression, nodding his head. 

"Could you just give me the address of this house?"

"16, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Bonghwa-gun, Bonghwa-eup, Isan-so," he states, confusion evident all over his face (Used a fake address generator 😭).  "I don't want to intrude but is there a specific reason why you need the address, Mrs. Nishimura?"

She giggles at that as she unlocks her phone, "My son is very clumsy. He got lost at the Han River, he said he'll grab a taxi so we need the address."

"How about I go fetch him? Mr. Im is out with my father but I have my driving permit," he said it without thinking, no second thought and the moment that the words left his mouth there was a bit of regret going through the pit of his stomach. 

The females' eyes light up at that, "Are you sure that's okay? I don't want you to get in trouble with your father or even worse with public authority. You could get pulled over."

Sunoo slightly smiles at the concern, my father wouldn't care, he thought. "I'm an excellent driver, there's nothing to worry about. Plus... I've been wanting to talk with him."

The older furrows her eyebrows slightly but a smile still adorned her face to show it was not in an intimidating way. "Is there a particular reason you wanted to talk to Riki?"

Riki? That's his name?... He thought, making him smile slightly. "I just want to get to know him better. He'll be living here a long time so why not make a friend," he shrugs, hiding the real reason why he wanted to converse with the younger.

Mrs. Nishimura smiles brightly, "I'm glad to know my son will have a new friend soon! I hope you guys get along well."

~

As soon as the pink-haired boy got out of his car, he double-checked that the jewelry was safe in his pocket before walking off to the Han River's park with the quest of finding the younger boy. In his mind, he nervously went over the perfect scenario of how the conversation should go down. A simply "Here you go" from his part and a confused expression from the other, no words. That would be perfect, no questioning on why the older was simply and abruptly giving that precious thing back.

Sunoo isn't a malicious person. He never intended coming off like that, especially to a stranger, but the day that they had met he really was just in a mood that drove him to do some things he wasn't so proud of. He was emotionless and cold, he could agree to that, but he was not a person that simply wanted to harm people. 

After some minutes of looking, he sees the back of the blond-haired boy. Instead of waiting, he directly heads to the younger boy, gripping onto his shoulder from behind, startling the boy.

"Fuck!" He lets out with wide eyes, swiftly turning to look back in shock. "You scared me!" He exclaims, placing his hand over his chest to calm down.

Sunoo, on the other hand, had a serious expression on, raising one of his eyebrows as he waits for the other to recompose himself. "You done?" He asks after a couple of seconds, grabbing the youngers' attention.

He clears his throat, standing up straight, blushing in embarrassment. "W- what are you doing here?" He stutters out, his face still warm. 

"I'm doing your mom a favor and... I had something to talk to you about," he confesses. 

"What do you mean doing my mom a favor?" The younger asks, furrowing his eyebrows in utter confusion.

"You were lost here, weren't you? I came to take you home. Mr. Im is out with my dad and taxis aren't usually available at this time, most of them are already occupied as it's around the time most people get out of work," he explains monotonously.

Riki nods his head slowly, diverting his eyes elsewhere, muttering a small, "Thank you," that was barely above a whisper. "We should get going then," he says beginning to walk off just to be pulled back by the other who grabbed his wrist.

"I said I had to talk to you about something."

"Let go of my wrist first, you are obsessed with grabbing onto it, have you noticed?" He questions, a hint of teasing in his voice. He gets a slight glare from the other as he drops his hand making him gulp, he had to admit the boy was a little intimidating. "W- what did you have to say?" He asks, trying to show some confidence through his stuttering betrayed his intentions. 

"Here," the boy says nonchalantly, extending his hand. In his hand, a blue velvet jewelry box. 

The younger takes the box wordlessly, a frown of confusion on his face. He opens it slowly only for his lips to quickly tug all the way up, his eyes sparkling in joy. "What does this mean?" He asks with enthusiasm in his voice.

"You can have it back, it's ugly anyway," the boy says emotionlessly. 

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much!" The younger expresses, hugging the boy unconsciously.