45: Happy then a frown

Ni-Ki woke up happy. Completely and utterly happy, grinning from ear to ear. He had a dream during his sleep. He was around 20 years old in the dream, he was in a dance studio dancing to some music that he couldn't recognize and was completely immersed in it. He was checking all the details and at some point, he hummed along to the song. A couple of seconds later, the door to the studio opened and he stopped all motion. He panted, smiling at the same time for a second or two before turning around. Then, he saw Sunoo standing in front of the door, arms crossed over his chest and a grin on his face. Without a word, the two walked over to each other and hugged before kissing. 

Then, he woke up.

As he brushed his teeth, he thought back to the dream and couldn't help but let his lips tug up as the memory went through. It gave him a good feeling. 

The door to the restroom opened abruptly, getting his attention. "Sorry," Jake mutters, rubbing his eyes with messy hair and pajamas. 

Now, the younger would have been startled if this hadn't happened at least twenty times since he moved there. The first time, sure, he was surprised and embarrassed but by the third time of Jake walking in while in there he had become adjusted. Thankfully, it was always either while putting clothes on after a shower or brushing his teeth, never had the other walked in on him while doing his business.

"How am I awake before you?" The younger questions, leaning to the sink, washing his mouth.

"I overslept," the older mumbles, pulling a dress shirt through his arms. "Mrs. Kang said that it was fine. I've been staying up studying for midterms these days is all," he explains with a shrug. Through the mirror, he eyed the other suspiciously as he buttoned the shirt up. He raises an eyebrow with a smile, "What's up with you? You're happy."

"So?" He questions, the smile not faltering. "Should I not be happy?" He raises an eyebrow as well, the grin unfaltering.

"You are never happy in the morning. It's abnormal."

Riki took a second to think before starting, "Jake-Hyung. You know, I think of you as my brother. You were the first person I got close to here and I trust you a lot." It was true. The two were basically brothers now and neither of them denied it. Jake took care of Ni-Ki and Ni-Ki did too whenever he needed. 

With a confused expression, Jake nods. "I... I went on a date yesterday," the younger says with a nervous smile.

Jake's eyes widened along with his smile, stopping all motion and paying attention to the blond boy. "Wow!" he paused. "Wow! How- wow! You didn't tell me, Riki! I feel betrayed," he says, laughing. "Who is he? How was it? Did he treat you right? Because let me tell you, you deserve the best and the best only."

"Hyung!" Riki exclaims, eyes widening. "Calm down," he adds, laughing a little. "Okay, so this is the part where I ask you to trust me and love me no matter what because we're brothers right?" He questions, his eyes gleaming with hope.

"Of course, I trust you, Riki. No matter what, I trust you. But why do I need to trust you?" He asks in confusion.

"Because..." he wonders off, looking from the floor up to Jake's eyes which were full of questions. He sighs, a smile slipping back onto his lips. "The guy I'm going with is Sunoo-Hyung," he told him. He swore that he had never seen eyes going that wide.

"KIM SUNOO?!" He exclaims looking completely surprised, looking into the younger's eyes for any sign of playfulness. "W- wow." He pauses for a while, looking at the floor in thought before looking back up, looking into the other's eyes for a couple of seconds before speaking. "Are you sure about this?"

"I really really like him and... it seems that he does as well," he says, his cheeks turning pink as his smile becomes shy.

"I do trust you, Riki," he bites his lip, "And I know Sunoo enough to know that he isn't a bad guy or anything. What I'm worried about is..." he takes a glance around the bathroom as if to check if they weren't being heard or watched and that there was no chance of someone or something suddenly jumping out. He sighs, holding eye contact with the younger, his eyes holding concern, "I'm worried about what Mr. Kim could do if he were to find out," he explains in something above a whisper. Riki frowns. "Do you know why Jay hates Sunoo so much? Have they told you?" He questions and the Japanese boy shakes his head. "Mrs. Kang told me to be aware because they should never be in the same room. Ask him. All I can say is that I don't think Mr. Kim would take the news too well."

The frown stuck onto the boy as he made his way to his room and as he laid on his bed for most of the day, watching the white ceiling, his eyes moving with the movement of the fan. What could have happened that involved proving that Mr. Kim did not support homosexuality? Was that the end? Was there no more hope that Sunoo and he could have a relationship? One which involved the support of the other's parental figure that is.

He sighed and put an arm over his eyes. He stayed like that for a minute or so--emotionless, quiet. The only sounds that could be heard in the room were the ones of his own breathing.

That was until there was a knock on the door. He didn't move, however. He simply shouted, "Come in!"

"Your mom is calling for you," a male voice startled him, making him instantly sit up on his bed.

He blinks. "Sunoo-Hyung. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I kind of live here," he says, smiling, as he closed the door. 

"I- I know but..." how could he tell him in better words, 'well being in the service area isn't really you is it?'

"I was going into the kitchen when I heard your mom asking Ms. Jin to call for you for lunch so I took the opportunity. I haven't seen you since yesterday," he explains, hesitance in his eyes.

The younger instantly broke into a smile, "You're sweet." He stands up and walks over to him, putting his arms around him, and hugging him before they share a passionate kiss. 

"We should go," Sunoo whispers on top of his lips, looking at them. 

Ni-Ki leans in again, sharing a long kiss before pulling apart. He smiles at the older, nodding.

And just like that he was happy once again, everything that got a frown on his face thrown to the back of his mind.