18: I-26

"PRE-PHASE is a place that will help you prepare for their dreams. Before going into the phase of training, then debuting or some having the dreams or choreographing or being vocal trainers. We teach you what you would normally learn in a company, help you find a company, basically train you. We have levels so you'll have to take a test to figure yours out. 

"We hold competitions every last week of the month, just like a monthly evaluation but we give prizes here as motivation to get better," Heeseung explains in a formal voice after Jay had left for them to discuss alone. Riki nods attentively. "You will have to fill this out," he says, handing him a piece of paper. "It's just a normal requirement, name, age, height, allergies, as well as your specialties, areas where you feel like you need to improve, what you'll like to work with etcetera. This is a public place, so there is no charge however buy a lot from the cafeteria, we need the profits," he says jokingly, easing the tension.

"There is no set schedules or anything, it's rare when there is, anyone can come and go but we do require you to attend at least one competition every three months in either the dance or vocal category. We also attend state and international competitions, so be ready for that," Heeseung finishes off.

"Thank you Heeseung-Hyung," Riki says with a smile on his face, bowing politely at the older.

"No need to say thank you, for today you can walk around the building. It's three floors, this, the first floor is where there are personal practice rooms. The second floor is the dance floor while the third is for vocal practice. There are some personal rooms on the other floors too but the first one is probably the one you'll want to come to."

Ni-Ki bows once again gratefully, "Do you know where Jay-Hyung will be?"

"Um, probably at the dance room. On the second floor, look for the room that is labeled Level 4, he should be there. If he isn't he'll be on the third floor, Level 4 as well," he answers with a wide smile, showing his perfect white teeth. "One last thing before you head off, we can hold the level test in two days. You just have to prepare a dance and a vocal song, something you're comfortable with."

"Okay, thank you again," the younger bows one last time before heading to the stairs and stopping at the second floor. 

He peeks into the windows of every room curiously, seeing groups of around 10 people in each room with a number while not many people were occupying the individual practice rooms. The scenery of this place made a smile form on his face. The sound of synchronized footsteps being music to his ears and the humid feeling from sweat being all too familiar. 

He stops in front of a certain room, the label of the room being I-26. Incredible singing could be heard but he thought, 'Isn't this the dance floor?' He cautiously looks into the room and while he had previously been immersed in the singing be caught sight that the person inside was both singing and dancing simultaneously, making him stare in awe. It was not until the person stops and turns around that he scurries away from the window, attempting to run away. Attempting only as he found himself tripping over his own foot, wincing in pain, and before he got the chance to run away the door opens.

Riki looks up, giving the male an awkward smile. Meanwhile, the other gives him an amused expression as he raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Are you a stalker?" Sunoo asks, a hint of teasing in his voice and amusement in his eyes.

"Of course not!" Riki exclaims, quickly getting on his feet, his face red in embarrassment. "I just happened to be passing by and I heard your singing."

The older puts on a smug smirk.

"Don't think so much of yourself, looking so arrogant. I peeked in because this is the second floor while the third is where you're supposed to be practicing singing," he explains before the other could say anything, crossing his arms just like the other, trying to mimic the others' confidence as well. 

"Sure, that was it. What are you even doing here? This building in general."

"Jay-Hyung brought me here," he explains curtly, getting a nod from the other.

An awkward silence soon follows as they had no idea how to continue the conversation. The last time they had had one was around a week ago, during Sunoo's birthday and since then the only encounters they had was in the mornings when they had to ride the same car to get to school and the previous day that they stumbled upon each other coincidentally as Riki waited for his new friend.

"Just don't come back here again," Sunoo says abruptly, cutting through the thick silence.

The younger raises an eyebrow, "Why should I? As far as I know, no rooms besides Heeseung-Hyung's office are off-limits."

"Look around," he replies and the blond finds himself doing just that with a confused expression. "The only rooms in this hallway are two storage rooms and this one practice room. Heeseung-Hyung's father decided when he opened this studio that it should be left unused. I asked Heeseung-Hyung if I could use it one day when I stumbled upon it and he agreed after some persuasion."

"So you're forbidding me from coming into this hallway? Ultimately, this room," he points at the door. "Which you've declared yours?"

"Exactly."

"I don't know if I want to do that," Riki says with a smirk, walking a step closer to the older. "This room seems like the perfect one to practice in."

Sunoo looks at him with his usual blank expression, a little amused, taking a step closer. He leans in, right next to the younger's left ear, "You shouldn't be pushing my buttons. Just because I forgave you for ruining something of mine doesn't mean we are alright. I'm still on your back, remember that. For now, all I'm saying is to stay away from room I-26 if you don't want to regret getting on my bad side as soon as you got off it."